Tictail is an online marketplace and home to emerging brands from over 140 countries across the globe. At Tictail, frontend development has always played a key role in our strive to remove technical barriers and today we’re known for our interfaces that are both beautiful and easy to use.
As a Frontend Engineer at Tictail you will be working in one of our small autonomous teams together with people who are really interested in what they do. You will work closely with your team’s product manager, designers, and other engineers to develop new features, as well as build libraries and tools (sometimes open-source
) to help us reuse code and good ideas.
At Tictail we value quick adoption over endless polishing, but we never “ship and forget” - you’ll be monitoring what you ship both in terms of how it works technically and how it’s used from a product perspective, and work continually to improve it. This means you’ll often be shipping improvements several times per day.
You’ll get to do things like
- Collaborate with designers to iterate on responsive user interfaces.
- Get code reviewed and review code, all the time (you’ll love it).
- Participate in (or lead) discussions and planning for new projects.
The ideal candidate
- You write code with others in mind - readability is more important to you than showing off your fancy syntax skills.
- Backend doesn’t scare you, and you’re familiar with server-side Python. You might even enjoy coding it every now and then.
- Attention to detail with an eye on performance, you know what is worth optimizing and when.
- You're a true team player and inherently positive. Where others see problems, you see solutions.
If this sounds like you, we would love to chat!