Agoda is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing online travel agents. Coming from over 60+ countries, our 3,200+ person team is young, energetic, and hyper-focused on every last detail of the internet. Our parent company, the Priceline group, owns several other premier travel brands, including Kayak, Booking.com and Rentalcars.com, making us by far the largest and fastest growing travel portfolio in the world.
We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic individual to join us as Payroll Operations Manager. This role will be based in our Bangkok office and will report directly to our VP, People and Organization Development, also based in Bangkok. In this role the ideal candidate will be responsible for enabling the payroll team to improve business performance and operational effectiveness and efficiency. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of combined experience in payroll and equity at a global organization in the internet space. This candidate will also work closely with various People teams to provide crucial support to standardize and optimize our business processes.
- Supervise and ensure accurate delivery of monthly payrolls across 40+ international entities
- Develop deep relationships and partner closely with our global external payroll providers to ensure high-quality work, responsive service and drive continuous improvement
- Partner with Compensation & Benefits, People Technology, Onboarding, and Finance teams to ensure the accuracy, timeliness and compliance of reporting, while documenting the policies, processes and controls, and identify, implement improvements.
- Build the team’s domain knowledge across a range of payroll-related topics so that the team can effectively serve as a knowledgeable source in response to employee queries
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participate in special projects or ad hoc analyses as assigned
Agoda is a dynamic and fast-changing environment. We expect the person in this role to be flexible in his or her understanding of the role and to be able and willing to adapt, to add additional areas of focus, and to respond to changing organizational needs, viewing them as an opportunity to grow and develop a varied portfolio of career skills.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in payroll within a multi-national organization experience. Prior leadership experience in a fast growth environment strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; relevant advanced degree (e.g., Masters in Accounting, Finance) highly desirable
- Global stock plan administration/management experience a plus
- Proven, deep analytic interest and problem-solving skills
- Superb, demonstrated quantitative skills with the highest degree of precision
- Strong interest in team capability building and in leading others
- Expertise in Excel; good, working proficiency in related programs
- Excellent communication skills, including extensive experience meeting and presenting to senior executives
- High level of discretion, confidentiality, and ethics
- Ability to work well with people in a highly multi-cultural environment
- Ability to cope well with ambiguity and change in a dynamic environment.
- Humility, flexibility, good interpersonal skills a must