At Under Armour Connected Fitness, we’re part of a movement: Our goal is to help everyone – from beginners to hardcore athletes, and everyone in between – live healthier lives through reaching their health and fitness goals. We’re a fairly new part of UA, but we’re growing fast. And our ambitions are huge. Come be part of our team!
As the Associate Manager of Content and Social Media for the Under Armour Connected Fitness ecosystem, you will be a key driver in all content across platforms, including the UACF blogs, native content within the apps and across social media. While you have a responsibility to all of the content, your primary editorial focus will be fitness, run, sleep, activity and training content and how to deploy across all channels.
To be successful in this role, an individual will have a solid content background, extensive experience in creating content for social media, strong creative and analytical skills, the ability to successfully collaborate and build consensus with diverse stakeholders and teams, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What will you do?
- Deliver relevant digital and social content to readers that helps them achieve their fitness goals.
- Writing, creating and editing content, or engaging additional resources for content creation.
- Help bring social media content to life by ideating creative assets to deploy across UACF’s social channels, including utilizing the UACF voice to engage with users.
- Leverage social media technology tools to publish content, monitor conversations and listening topics, engage with fans and analyze performance.
- Collaborate closely with editorial team, including food/nutrition editors and production staff to conceptualize how to bring content to life both on owned and social channels.
- Collaborate and coordinate across Engagement Marketing team, including marketing email, UA marketing campaigns and product news.
- Help define and execute Under Armour’s approach to owned social streams, including UA Record.
- Supporting the content team to supply fresh content for the blogs, including managing editorial calendar and actively participating in editorial franchises across platforms.
What do you need?
GET IT DONE, DONE, DONE – ACCOUNTABILITY Takes responsibility for achieving team requirements, tasks, and objectives, even if other resources are required. Goes the extra mile to get the work done and meet commitments made to others.
FIND A BETTER WAY – CREATIVITY & INNOVATION Seeks to improve upon the status quo by proactively creating new, unique solutions to make UA better. Asks challenging, open-ended questions to inspire innovative thinking in other Teammates.
WIN TOGETHER – COLLABORATION Demonstrates reliability, working openly with cross-functional Teammates. Takes the lead, whether in an individual contributor or manager role. Builds working relationships with others, seeking out and encouraging the exchange of constructive feedback.
THINK GLOBALLY – GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE Seeks and applies understanding of cultural differences when conducting business and interacting with others globally. Adapts behavior to the local culture to demonstrate respect and gain trust.
MAP THE FUTURE – STRATEGIC VISIONING Applies understanding of internal and external challenges to contribute to the team's vision for the future. Asks questions to confirm how team priorities support UA's overall vision.
BUILD A GREAT TEAM – BUILDING TALENT Seeks opportunities to develop self and other Teammates. Gives timely, specific feedback on performance, tasks, goals, and developmental needs. Motivates Teammates by sharing team objectives that highlight opportunities and the impact of their work. Identifies and selects talent to meet business needs.
MAKE THE RIGHT CALL – INTEGRITY & ETHICS Acts in alignment with UA values and principles, encouraging other Teammates to do the same.
What have you accomplished already?
- BA (Communications, Journalism or Marketing preferred)
- Nutrition, health, and/or fitness experience is a plus
- 3+ years of B2C content experience, ideally in a digital or branded content context.
- Excellent written/oral communication, editing, graphic arts, copywriting experience.
- Extensive experience in social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram & Snapchat.
- Proficient in WordPress and social media listening tools.
- Strong skills in content marketing analytics and experimentation with multi-channel digital marketing campaigns
- Web analytics and SEO (copy, keyword, multimedia, meta-tag optimization).
- Must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment with an openness to change as our company grows
- Maintain a positive, enthusiastic and energetic demeanor which helps foster an upbeat working environment.