Would you like to be part of a team focused on helping customers in a "once in a generation" shift to the cloud and AWS. NorthBay is a 300 person fast growing AWS Cloud-based Professional Services firm helping customers build solutions for data platforms and analytics, ML/Ai, DevOps, Database Migrations and custom application development and modernization. Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help grow NorthBay as a key technology provider to the Enterprise?
NorthBay is seeking technically savvy hands-on AWS DevOps Engineer to implement solutions for our customers working with our offshore engineering team. In this role, you will collaborate with NorthBay customers, some working onsite, understand requirements and needs, translate into specifications to develop solutions, drive work with offshore engineering teams, and deliver solutions and results to the customer. This includes assessing customer needs, re-engineering business intelligence processes, designing and developing data models, and sharing your expertise throughout the deployment process.
- Participates in application and network architecture design sessions
- DevOps & Application tooling SMEs (Language used is: C / C++ / C# / .Net)
- Understands and have used AWS Networking, Compute and Management Tools
- Understands and has used a majority of AWS services relevant to Customer
- Develops Infrastructure as Code in production environment
- Ideally need to have database solution design in AWS and data migration
- Develops Playbooks and Runbooks as needed to support application optimization workstream
- Experience working with relational databases, and distributed computing technologies.
- Experience with LinuxDebugging/troubleshooting skills to support and resolve customer problems
- Other desired technical skills include Perl, Ruby, Oracle SQL.
- Demonstrates skill and passion for operational excellence.
- Documentation skillsProven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues
- Experience with version control/Code-Review tools like Git, Gerrit, GitHub etc.
- Experience setting up and/or maintaining automated build systemUnderstanding the integration between automated software test and the build process
- Experience with scripting (python, bash etc).
- Experience with setting up CI/CD pipelines
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Minimum five years of Big Data Engineering on AWS experience
- AWS Solution Architect
- AWS Big data Specialty
- Or any Data Centric Certifications