Flexport is a platform for global trade. We are a licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern technology stack. We help some of the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
As a result of our global expansion, we're looking for a Director of Ocean Freight to join our Global Pricing & Procurement Team. Salivating at the thought of building relationships while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade? Keep reading!
What you'll do:
- Execute & further develop our Ocean Freight product: operations/trade lane management/procurement strategies/opening new markets/carrier relations and performance management;
- Conduct ocean freight market analysis to analyse opportunities and ensure up-to-date understanding of market developments;
- Create and implement a strategy for business development and operations to develop and maintain profitable Ocean freight operations across all fields (Export, Import and Products);
- Create a business plan to achieve and exceed targets for ocean freight including identification of opportunities for enhancing freight business;
- Lead a regional ocean freight team.
What you’ll need:
- 5 + years of prior Ocean Freight experience at a top freight forwarder or carrier or 5+ years of supply chain consulting experience and a BA/BS Degree;
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed;
- Ability to travel locally, nationally and internationally;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it;
- The desire to lead, train, and develop up-and-coming industry talent.
Made by Marc Köhlbrugge
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Flexport.