What does Health IQ do?
We’ve used big data from our popular Health IQ test (taken by over 1MM+ people) to fight for lower rates on life insurance for vegans, marathoners, triathletes, well controlled diabetics, yogis, crossfitters, and more. Our goal is to promote a healthy lifestyle through financial rewards. We believe the best way to improve the world's health is to celebrate the health conscious rather than harass and cajole those who are not.
What you will be doing and bring:
- You will work directly with the cofounders to develop and deliver best-in-class analytics and business intelligence to help optimize daily operations and drive strategic growth.
- Analyze data, develop insights, and provide recommendations
- Create and deliver effective and persuasive presentations (verbal and written) for project teams and business leaders.
- You do not want to settle for a large company and live a 9-5 life
- 2+ years working experience in an analytical role in a business setting
- Degree in Statistics or Data Science.
- Strong statistical background and experience in statistical methodologies such as experimental design, hypothesis testing, and survival analysis.
- Strong programming skills - hands on experiences with one of the following languages: R, python.
- Experience in machine learning is a plus but not require
Is this Startup Going to Make It?
We think so. Our CEO sold his last company to Google for over $120MM. His prior company to Alibaba. He was a board member or advisor to over $1B worth of startup exits to companies like Apple, Amazon, LinkedIn, etc. Past performance may not be indicative of future results, but we like our odds. We’ve grown from 23 people and now hovering 150 people in shy of a year; including opening our newest location in San Diego. This isn’t because we are spending some of the $81MM+ in financing we received like drunken sailors (in fact we are pretty frugal). This is because our revenues have been doubling almost every month since we started selling policies in January of last year.