Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
In just the last 6 months, here are just some of strategic partnership we’re most proud of:
- We’re launching an operation in Paris in partnership with BNP Paribas, one of the world’s largest banks, to retrain 10% of their workforce over the next 5 years
- We launched a campus in Riyadh in partnership with Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman’s personal foundation, aimed at reskilling 5000 people over 5 years. (So far, 55% of students have been female)
- We’re working with the Mayor of London to power an innovative new skills development program.
- The US Army selected General Assembly to build a reskilling program on cybersecurity for its soldiers.
- We’re working with Oxford University to publish a research paper on the role of the Chief Digital Officer.
- We brought together two Standards Boards made up of leaders in data science and digital marketing to help define the current and future skills these important roles must demonstrate.
- LinkedIn named us one #11 of 50 most disruptive startups, and #11 in the list of 25 most attractive places to work.
To fuel partnerships like these, and more, we’re looking for:
Insurance & Banking Practice Lead, EMEA
You will be responsible for developing and executing a go to market strategy to capture the opportunity associated with helping large financial services companies prepare for the future of work.
- Articulate and define a Go To Market approach for your industry sub-verticals, including customers to target, solutions to industry-specific problems, and positioning + relevant thought leadership.
- Formulate and lead appropriate account teams and technical resources to execute on a well-defined, collaborative pursuit strategy to acquire target prospects and orchestrate internal and external resources to close the sale
- Prepare and deliver compelling sales presentations and coordinate and drive the development of sales proposals
- Maintain and build rapport with senior executives to formulate strong, long term business relationships built on trust
- Lead negotiation of prices and contracts, and understands legal ramification of contracts
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the GA’s product and service offering, pricing structure, contract management parameters, policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain a pipeline according to targets, and provides clear and accurate reporting of sales outcomes and activities
- Develop and grow existing account relationships by deeply understanding how GA can partner best with our clients on an ongoing basis
If you’re the right person for this role, you probably:
- Are intellectually curious, and excited by working on challenging problems and complex negotiations across lengthy sales and business development cycles.
- Are hardworking and self-motivated.
- Have a few years of experience working directly with VP, SVP, and C-level clients at Fortune 500 / FTSE 100 companies, and understand how large organizations work, particularly in your specific industry sub-vertical.
- Excel at designing and articulating complex client proposals.
- Are excited by, and have a strong understanding of the technology landscape, including topics such as software engineering and data science.
- Are organized and capable of managing a robust pipeline of business development, sales, and partnership opportunities.
- Aren’t just looking for another job, but instead the opportunity to play a leading role in building a company from the ground up.