Everyone can benefit from a better understanding of the most fundamental aspect of what makes them unique: their own DNA. Inside all those A’s, T’s, C’s and G’s lie insights into every person—you just have to know what you’re looking for. With the backing from the market leader in DNA sequencing Illumina, Helix is creating the world’s first platform for consumers to get sequenced and gain these insights in their DNA through an ecosystem of high-quality partners. From personalized medicine to advanced cancer screenings to custom diet and nutrition plans, the world of DNA learning is becoming accessible and more valuable than ever. And as our partners grow, so will the opportunity for discovery.
As a Strategic Partner Manager in a small team, you will be critical part of the company's partnerships efforts and have the opportunity to foster and manage Helix's strategic partnerships.You would have an integral role in helping partners conceive, develop and iterate innovative products on Helix platform. You will help manage a vibrant eco system of partners and revolutionize consumer genomics. This position provides a unique opportunity to make an immediate impact in a fast-paced dynamic environment. If you are looking for an opportunity to lead and make a significant contribution, this role provides an empowering and action-oriented environment to take your career and our mission to the next level.
The ideal candidate will be able to own several of the company's strategic partnerships and be the go-to person for all things partner related.
As a Strategic Partner Manager for Consumer products, you will:
- Work closely with the company's leadership team in supporting strategic partnerships
- Foster relationships with partners ranging from C level execs to project and product leaders
- Lead program management of Partner’s product development and influence Helix product management
- Influence and drive key decisions and discussions with Helix's partners
- Be an expert on your partner’s core business, products, business models, growth plans and key motivations.
- Be responsible for keeping up with a dynamic and rapidly changing industry.
- Become the go-to person for business intelligence that informs important partnership discussions
- Create best-in-class presentation materials to support Board meetings and partnership discussions
- Always be where the fire is hottest - jumping in to help solve the most critical challenges
- 5 plus years in a partner or alliance management role. Product or program management roles with significant exposure to external partners also considered
- Experience working with 3rd party technology partners or 3rd party API’s is a must
- 3 plus years working with consumer software and/or consumer hardware products
- At least 8-10 years total experience to be considered for Director role
- Sustained relationship with partners over a long term
- Impeccable organization skills backed by deep knowledge of product and partner needs
- Comfortable creating high-profile presentations for use with partner executives
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Willing to contribute in a variety of ways, even if outside formal responsibilities
An ideal candidate will have:
- Engineering undergraduate degree, with an MBA or other advanced degree in technology
- Experience working with large scale partnerships
- Experience with software products, preferably mass market consumer products
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable working with executive team and stepping into a leadership role as needed
- Enthusiasm for a dynamic startup environment
- Comfort with organized chaos