The Role and Team
We're seeking a data-driven Senior Product Marketing Manager who can take initiative and own how DataFox positions our various data and platform products. As our first (and only, so far) Product Marketing hire, you'll create compelling messaging, drive strategy with demand-generation channels, and build awareness of the innovative ways in which DataFox is bringing automation and intelligence to complex jobs. In addition to our growing Marketing team, you’ll also work with Product Management, Customer Success, Sales, and our Executive team. This is a unique opportunity to enter a burgeoning enterprise software company, and you’ll have a tremendous amount of ownership in this role, as well as autonomy in defining how we present ourselves externally. Though this is an individual contributor role (reporting into the Head of Marketing), we’d look to you as a leader in helping to grow the Marketing organization at DataFox.
Here are some ways you'll make an impact:
- You’ll own our product positioning and strategic marketing at the product or product line level. This involves owning our marketing website and collateral, including site content, themes, and positioning. You’ll also deliver updated product content as our product evolves.
- You’ll own new product releases and our integrated campaigns. In these release cycles, you will own the web site copy, data sheets, and other collateral. To ensure product and positioning readiness, you’ll train and educate internal stakeholders on go-to-market, positioning, messaging, differentiation, etc.
- You will be the primary owner for understanding the buyer and market dynamics, to better define our positioning, messaging, competitive differentiation, and go-to-market strategy. To better understand the ‘buyer’, you’ll partner with our Customer Success team, and connect directly with customers as well.
- You’ll own product-launch marketing, market sizing, and competitive intelligence. You’ll determine the calendar of what’s launching soon (release, documentation, etc) and the necessary launch assets.
- You’ll develop crisp, compelling messaging and work with stakeholders to ensure implementation across all channels, such as online, web, events, and sales.
- You’ll own our pricing and packaging. You’ll help us define the names of new features and workflows we develop, help craft the pricing calculator for our APIs, and own the landing page messaging, positioning, and customer stories.
Are you our next Fox?
- You’ve gained at least 5-7 years of (product-focused) marketing experience in a B2B SaaS, high-tech environment. At least some of this has been in a start-up.
- You’ve gained direct experience taking new products to market, writing positioning, and developing pricing.
- You can think strategically about product and marketing vision, while also being eager to execute: you’ll roll up your sleeves and get things done. You understand what it means to be team of one within a growing start-up.
- You have incredibly strong written communication skills and are passionate about writing clean, concise, and benefit-oriented messaging.
- You have exposure to CRM, and a deep understanding of the sales and marketing landscape, as well as a strong sense of empathy for our customers.
- You’re skilled in collaborating cross-functionally, building partnerships, and establishing consensus across teams.
- You have engaging and effective verbal communication skills, and are comfortable influencing many channels, with an approach that is both data-driven and flexible.
- You have an obsession for organization and a perfectionist approach to design. You ensure all user-facing assets are consistent and easily located - while also being polished and professional.
- You’ve earned a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, preferably in Marketing, Communications, or a similar field.
- You’ve earned an MBA.
- You have experience in Product Management or Demand Generation.
- You have experience with Salesforce, Marketo, Eloqua, and/or Pardot.
- You have experience with testing, such as A/B testing on marketing ad copy to drive planning and positioning.
- You have the ability to distill complex concepts (such as advanced APIs) into approachable themes.
Working at DataFox
We have a beautiful office in downtown San Francisco. Lunch is on us every day (and it’s delicious). We work with some of the brightest teammates and customers in the world, including hundreds of the top of finance and technology companies relying on our data for investment, sales, and marketing.
Our company value are incredibly important; you can read more about our culture here
While everyone talks about artificial intelligence, at DataFox we actually live it. You will gain exposure to the Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning that powers our product and flows to our end users.
We care about building a team of high-performers, covering each other’s backs, constantly learning, and delighting our customers by solving hard problems. Company insights abound here. If you are interested in businesses and their role in the economy, the world of private equity, or the future of data-driven sales, then you just might love DataFox. If you’re looking to not only see how a quickly growing technology company brings its services to market, but also to see how the rest of the business ecosystem works, then this is the opportunity for you.
DataFox is an Intelligent Data platform that provides sales, marketing and investing teams with critical insights to find and win more business. DataFox's algorithms structure information on millions of businesses and deliver reliable data and machine-learned suggestions where and when they're needed.
DataFox is backed by Google Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Stanford and Slack, and the platform is used by a wide range of Fortune 500 corporations (e.g. Google, Amazon, UPS) and high growth tech companies (e.g. Twilio, Greenhouse, InsightSquared). For more information visit www.datafox.com