What is Sparkfund?
Sparkfund powers organizations by providing access to the latest energy technology in a new and better way—through a simple monthly subscription model backed by a no risk guarantee. We partner with contractors, ESCOs, manufacturers, utilities, and energy retailers to deliver the Sparkfund Technology Subscription, transforming how businesses implement energy technology. Sparkfund seeks to create positive change for the world by deploying solutions that make good business sense and are good for the planet.
Sparkfund is hiring a Marketing Manager to support our team’s marketing activities and enhance our company-wide understanding of the customer psychology. Reporting in to our Marketing leadership and based in our Washington, DC office, you'll have the chance to wear several hats across our marketing department and impact a variety of functional areas within marketing , including: developing and executing campaign strategy, crafting messaging and new collateral, researching customer segments, shaping positioning, driving partner marketing efforts, and helping to design the ideal customer experience. This role requires exceptional writing skills, a penchant for behavioral psychology, creativity, and expertise across one or more marketing specializations.
Here’s what you’ll get to do:
- Craft customer acquisition campaign strategies and project manage the campaign from end to end
- Lead our partner marketing efforts and work closely with partner sales team to develop necessary support tools and materials
- Work across the marketing team to develop and execute on product marketing strategy to shape our messaging
- Create marketing collateral and sales enablement tools to support our go-to-market efforts
- Partner with members of the marketing team and external brand consultants to intelligently and consistently convey Sparkfund’s offerings to partners and customers
- Research and define Sparkfund customer personas and identify ideal makeup of target customer
- Serve as a representative of the marketing team in the cross-functional product development and management process to shape Sparkfund’s customer experience
- Develop and implement a Sparkfund social media campaign strategy across multiple platforms
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- 3-7 years of B2B marketing experience, with prior experience in one or more of the following areas: campaign strategy and management, product marketing, lead generation, sales enablement, and/or partner marketing
- Demonstrated experience running successful marketing initiatives
- Proven ability to communicate complex topics with simplicity and clarity, and to communicate powerful stories to drive demand and support sales of our offering
- Ability to understand our solutions, partners, and customersAbility to think and operate in an “end to end” manner, contributing to the design and development of the customer experience
- General tech savvy-ness; Sparkfund relies heavily on software and cloud-based computing for smooth day-to-day operations
- Comfort in Google docs and sheets, Gmail, and Google Drive is required; past experience with Asana (or other task management software), CRM software (preferably Salesforce), and/or Pardot is also a plus
- Prior experience in sustainability or energy efficiency and/or a dedication to what we’re building at Sparkfund to make an impact through increasing access to energy efficiency across the economy
Above all else:
- You are bright and eager to learn from a diverse team, and display intellectual humility in your approach
- You exhibit a bias toward action and are eager to take on more and improve rapidly
- You are passionate about and committed to the Sparkfund company, cause, and goals
- Competitive salaries and stock option plans - we believe in radical shared ownership in our success together
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, and an option to contribute to your retirement via a 401(k)
- A fully stocked kitchen, catered Friday lunches, and free meals when you’re cranking late at the office
- A flexible vacation policy to take the time you need
- Workspace customization - you can work at a sitting or standing desk and set up your space the way you want
Sparkfund values diversity in thought, background, gender, race, and culture. Come join us!