We’re LendingHome. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the world of mortgages and put the power, and the keys, where they belong—in your hands.
As our Senior Software Engineering Manager, you will manage the development of our core mortgage origination platform. This requires a thorough knowledge of what it takes to develop scalable, extensible technology, as well as how to structure and develop a rapidly growing customer-focused engineering organization. This presents a significant intellectual, technical and operational challenge.
- Create, prioritize, communicate, manage, and execute roadmaps, project plans, and commitments
- Work closely with business partners to understand, participate and drive requirements, priorities, and processes
- Hire, coach, and mentor development managers and individual contributors; build an effective cross-functional organization
- Work closely with engineers and product managers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
- Drive innovation. Propose and implement new projects or recommend system improvements
- Set clear, measurable goals for an organization in a data-driven way
- Experience in all aspects of software development, including technical expertise, project management, and personnel management
- Demonstrated experience delivering innovative, customer-centric products
- Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong program and product management skills
- Deeply technical with track record of successful delivery as individual contributor and leader
- Experience with building robust, scalable, distributed systems solutions for complex business problems
- Execution experience in fast-paced environments and performance-driven culture
- Proven track record building, motivating and growing teams of star players
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally at all levels
- Candidate must have a strong customer focus and excellent expectation management abilities
- A record of the hiring of strong technical team members, leaders and managers.
- Software development background in object-oriented programming, web application development using technologies like Java, C++, Ruby, Linux/UNIX, and SQL
- B.S. degree or higher in computer science, engineering or related technical fields.
- 10+ years of engineering experience
- 5+ years of engineering management experience, with a proven track record designing and executing large-scale products
- Experience managing Rails teams a plus
Forbes 2017 - Top 30 Under 30
$2 Billion in Mortgage Originations
We were founded in 2013 with one big, exciting goal: to revolutionize the world of mortgages. By 2016, our small, dynamic team had originated over $1 billion in loans.We’ve combined an all-star team with groundbreaking technology. Come join us on our mission to fill the path to homeownership with confidence, clarity, and candor. Welcome Home.
At LendingHome, you work hard to make the lending process simple for our customers. So we keep it simple for you. We offer a wide array of benefits to make the work-life balance a little easier and empower our employees to choose what works for them.
- Competitive pay and equity
- Brand new gear
- Full medical coverage
- Monthly commuter stipend
- Catered lunch and fully stocked kitchen
- Choice in health coverage (HMO v PPO)
- Robust Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Time Off
- 8-12 weeks of parental leave
- 401(k) plan
- $1,000 investment bonus on your 1 year anniversary
- Community volunteering
- Quarterly company events
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Police Code, Article 49