Glossier is looking for a Manager, Product Marketing & Innovation - a highly organized, execution-driven individual to drive personal care product development from ideation and concept phase through to launch. Categories include skincare, bodycare, fragrance, and utilities. This position is highly cross-functional, working closely with the operational marketing, editorial, creative, R&D, packaging, supply chain, quality and customer experience teams. Reporting directly to the Director of Product Marketing & Innovation, the Manager will be responsible for exploring trends, product innovations, identifying new market opportunities, building business cases for new launches, aligning with company objectives and prioritizing customer experience as the main driver for final product performance.
Most of all, this person is a resourceful and ambitious individual with a passion for products.The role will be based at our headquarters in New York with domestic and international travel to be expected.
- Manage ideation and concept phase for new product development
- Work directly with vendors to develop best-in-class formulas; responsible for lab briefs and communication with chemists
- Create Product Development Brief, which includes desired claims, recommended ingredients, benchmark and target formula specifications, packaging specifications, testing and documentation requirements
- Develop launch assets and broad marketing guidelines for new products in collaboration with Marketing and Creative teams
- Evaluate submissions and manage internal panel testing for formula evaluations, and communicate redirects as needed
- Work with regulatory to confirm product compliance
- Manage market research initiatives for key launches (focus groups, concept-use tests, etc)
- Communicate product information and provide training materials to cross-functional teams
- Monitor and maintain on-time delivery of critical project milestones
- Collaborate with Into the Gloss editors to identify “best-in-class” products and practices by category
- Seek and maintain deep understanding of personal care market trends, new technologies and innovative ingredients through independent research, relevant industry events, supplier engagements, etc.
- Maintain constant pulse of competitive landscape identifying trends, innovations, new products and both current and emerging competitors
- BS or BA degree in a related field
- 3+ years of experience in a personal care / beauty product marketing and development role
- Excellent cross-functional and executive communication
- Ability to manage multiple projects through strong prioritization and planning skills
- Creative skills to be a contributor to idea generation of new products
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion and tackle any issue that may arise
- Strong presentation skills and ability to synthesize findings into digestible forms
- Passionate about popular culture, visual arts, and the beauty industry
- Enthusiastic and creative with a go-getter attitude
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Experience in a fast-paced, high growth startup environment
- Beauty obsessed: aware of up-and-coming beauty brands and products
- Deep experience in skincare product development
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.