Secur.ly is growing! Secur.ly’s product allows “kids to be kids” online while protecting them from negative influences on their social development and mental well-being. This is a position for a mid-level Build & Release Engineer who will build the entire end-to-end machinery of processes, tools and systems that connect the two-way automation system, the build system, and the release system.
Who is this role for?
You’re a mission-driven developer interested in tech-for-good. You’ve mastered some skills across the LAMP stack, CI tools, and scripting languages and you’re looking for your next challenge. You want to join a hyper-talented team and continue to help Secur.ly’s product expand in the marketplace.
- Minimum 2-3 years of professional engineering experience (no brand new grads)
- Understanding of source control, branching and merge strategies, especially with Git and Github
- Basic understanding of LAMP
- Experience with CI tools, especially Jenkins
- Familiarity with scripting languages, especially Python and Bash Shell script
- Attention to detail and elegant solutions
Bonus points for:
- Understanding of computer networking, HTTP/HTTPS/DNS/etc.
- Experience with configuration management tools, especially Ansible and Chef
- Familiarity with Serverless Framework is a huge plus
- Familiarity with Docker is a plus
What you’ll do in this role:
- Build out the end-to-end build infrastructure
- Build out the end-to-end build processes
- Carefully manage dependencies between system components
- Keep stakeholders posted on the status of releases and backlog
- Improve the reliability and performance of test and build processes
- Perfect the release, rollback, hotfix processes to "move fast without breaking stuff" (we are not a social networking site, but the entire network layer of our customers!)
- Grow your skills!
Stuff to know:
- This is a full-time, salaried position
- This role comes with some serious equity!
Division No. 18, Unorganized, Canada
Other jobs at The Sourcery
Made by Marc Köhlbrugge
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at The Sourcery.