Supporting Netflix’s rapidly growing original content portfolio, Netflix Studio Information Security (SIS) provides information security services to our Studio, Content, and Social Marketing organizations throughout the production lifecycle. We are a cross-functional and highly agile team, working on everything from developing secure cloud-based production workflows to actively protecting our content from cyber attacks.
At Netflix, we deploy hundreds of content and marketing microsites that are auxiliary to the core business. These short-lived campaign sites are critical to promoting Netflix Originals and often contain a ‘fun factor’ - i.e: contests, games, interactive media. Our mission is to support these sites by allowing digital assets to seamlessly be deployed within Netflix’s cloud environment while adhering to a framework that maintains Netflix’s security and operational standards.
As a member of this team you would be responsible for the design and implementation of this modern web development environment focused on continuous deployment, build automation, and security at scale. You will be on the front lines collaborating with design, marketing, and infrastructure teams from around the world to gather site requirements, conceptualize design, and ultimately deliver an end product. Multi-team collaboration and solid project management skills are essential to the success of this role.
- Proven background (3-5 years) in DevOps and/or Site Reliability Engineering
- Proficient in modern web development patterns and practices
- Demonstrable experience in process automation and development of automation tools
- Deep understanding of continuous integration and deployment methods/pipelines (jobs, builds, deployments)
- Proficiency with common web frameworks and languages such as NodeJS, Python, PHP, Ruby
- Strong architecture skills for multi-tier web applications (UI/API/Data Layers)
- Familiarity with Docker and/or other Containerization Technologies
- Experience with health and performance monitoring / tuning / understanding requirements and characteristics of a particular site’s expected load and the ability to respond with mentorship around performance optimization
- Strong inter-team communication and project management skills. Demonstrable ability to work across multiple teams to deliver an end product
Bonus if you have experience with:
- Background in web application security
- AWS Certification holder as a Solutions Architect and/or SysOps Administrator
- AWS or equivalent cloud provider experience with services like: S3, RDS, CloudFront, API gateway, Autoscaling, Beanstalk, EC2/Load Balancing, IAM