The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join our Developer Platform team in Dublin. You'll be collaborating with our cross-functional teams (Product Designers, Product Engineers, Product Managers) to work on one of the foundational parts of Intercom from the beginning to the end of product building, from new disruptive ideas to detailed iterations on microinteractions.
We believe in a high Designer to Engineer ratio and need to grow our Product Design team to work with our growing Engineering team. Intercom is a design led company and an empowering place for designers to work. With a strong design culture, many smart people to learn from and complete buy-in from the very beginning, this is a place where you will have the opportunity to do the very best work of your career.
What will I be doing? 🚀
You'll work with our Developer Platform team to:
- You'll help Intercom turn our mission from vision to reality by becoming an ecosystem and help teams everywhere make business personal
- You'll design complex systems that shape our platform, including frameworks for 3rd party extensions and integrations
- You'll work through design problems from beginning to end: translating research insights into ideas that form disruptive new products and features, then designing the workflows and detailed interactions to realize them
- You'll sketch and prototype ideas to quickly access viability, and design the fine grained details of interactions
- You'll iterate based on feedback from the whole team
- You'll work closely with engineers as they build and ship ideas
- You'll work with our vibrant developers community
- You'll give thoughtful and actionable design feedback to our Product Designers
This position is based with our core product and engineering team in Dublin, Ireland. We're more than happy to generously relocate the right candidate, including significant others, kids, pets, etc! Most of our designers have come from outside of Ireland. People from San Francisco, London, Paris, Moscow, and many other places have relocated to Dublin and joined us on our hyper growth journey.
What skills do I need? 📖
- Experience designing and shipping digital products and systems, not just websites
- An appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem solving through to detailed UI and visual design
- Strong ability to think in systems, understanding that our product is an interconnected set of elements that is coherently organized in a way that achieves its goals.
- The ability to create high-fidelity interaction prototypes
- Excellent communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals
- Excellent self starter who's hungry for learning
- You thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- You enjoy writing and speaking about design
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday. There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.