If you’ve ever used Uber, DriveNow, Airbnb , or Netflix, you’ve probably used Twilio. We’re an international, NYSE-listed company that powers communications for over 30,000 businesses around the world through the simplicity of APIs. Software teams use Twilio to add capabilities like voice, video, and messaging to their applications, enabling businesses to build flexible communication systems that make customers happy and keep operations efficient.
We are looking for a Customer Success Manager who is a dynamic, passionate, self-starter to be a part of building our Australian team. You’ll be working with a wide range of customer personas, from SMB, to enterprise, to some of the world’s hottest startups. Your job is to support new customers as they launch their Twilio applications and consult with existing customers directly - via phone and email - helping them to optimize their existing Twilio usage and improve their businesses as a result.
Your work will directly impact our success in the region and you care deeply about building trust with everyone you work with. You aren’t an engineer but you’ve proven technical aptitude in past roles by learning technical products, adjusting complex explanations depending on your audience, and troubleshooting basic issues where necessary. You will work 1:1 with customers to share best practices, launch new applications, and identify risks to ensure customers are happy.
About the job:
• Our customers are often software engineers, application owners and product managers. You must love talking to founders and product managers about building their business and, most importantly, they must love talking to you.
• Ideal candidate has at least 7 years of customer success, technology sales / account management experience or a combination of the two. Telecom experience is a big plus.
• Successfully launch customer projects through effective management
• You will be required to work cross-functionally within Twilio to bring items to closure, which would include customer roadmap planning, escalated support tickets and pricing commits.
• Monitoring account usage movements and other indicators, you will engage with customers if abnormal fluctuations occur or if there are opportunities to improve customers’ applications.
• You’ve demonstrated success working in a customer success or sales role for a SaaS or software product for 5+ years.
• You understand the cloud computing business model and enjoy selling to a technical audience and building mutual trust.
• You embrace a solution-oriented approach to selling, ensuring your customers receive value from the products they buy from you,
• Ethical. Hands on. Passionate. Curious. Persistent. Creative. Fun to work with. Gets things done. High personal productivity; you are ‘Do-er’ first.
• World class interpersonal and communication skills. You have the ability to effortlessly make complex contractual, technical and financial details sound simple.
• Ideally combined background of post-sale and sales experience
• The ability to listen first, add value in every conversation and magically say the right thing at the right time to make things happen. You recognize the value of brevity.
• Ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple customers/deals at the same time.
More about us:
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.