Shipping and Receiving –Materials Handler I
We have an exciting opportunity available for a talented, driven, versatile, and detail oriented Shipping & Receiving Associate to become a member of our dynamic and rapidly expanding headquarters located in Emeryville.
Job Description and Specific Responsibilities
- Carries out various activities related to such areas as shipping and receiving, material handling, warehousing and inventory control, vendor and/or asset management, as appropriate to the position including laboratory consumables stock administration and delivery logistics administration.
- Operates various items of light and/or heavy equipment as appropriate for logistics services such as trucks and/or lifting equipment, responsible for deliveries, shipments, and/or other activities assigned to the Facilities and Operations department.
- Maintains various products and supplies as appropriate to the needs of the designated space; may coordinate and expedite purchase of assorted day-to-day supplies and/or equipment as appropriate to the position.
- Maintains the aesthetics, cleanliness and serviceability of offsite warehouse, shipping/receiving area, and the other associated storage and logistics equipment within company real estate.
- Assume responsibility for all assignments by supervisor or management.
- Ships all goods for the sites via FedEx, coordinates international shipments with various couriers
- Experience with regulated shipping / receiving environment/ experience with warehouse functions
- Preparing and shipping materials in timely manner according to customer requirements
- 1-2 years of site service experience, preferably in a start-up office or mid-size corporate environment
- Experience with Inventory Management including experience as related to Finance, Purchasing and Quality preferred
- Prior experience with NetSuite/SAP/Oracle, Point Purchasing as well as UPS and/or FedEx shipping systems preferred
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds or more
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License
- Strong desire to work closely with internal teams and customers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy
- Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Google suite
- Previous experience working in a laboratory environment preferred
Founded in 2013 and based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Zymergen is a technology company unlocking the power of biology. We deliver better economics for products made from biology that are used across industries, bring new products to market faster, and develop novel products. Our proprietary platform uses robots and machine learning to engineer microbes faster, more predictably, and to a level of performance previously unattainable. These microbes, and the products they produce, have broad applications across industries such as chemicals and materials, agriculture, and healthcare. For more information visit www.zymergen.com.