About the Role
We are looking for a talented, experienced and collaborative Android engineer with a passion for APIs, systems engineering, UI/UX, and pushing mobile technologies to the limits. You will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications. We love working with great creative minds, people that can think outside of the box and people that are ready to make a difference at our company. This position comes with a lot of responsibility and ownership — the right person will be expected to deliver at a high pace, with high reward.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform.
- Contribute to an agile team that solves complex challenges and builds quality software.
- Craft delightful and intuitive user experiences.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work with outside data sources and APIs.
- Design high-performance, scalable data management and storage systems.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Create test cases, unit tests and automation scripts.
- Provide a supporting role in debugging and contributing to server-side development.
- Push the boundaries of current mobile platforms by solving complex and interesting problems.
- Play an important role in improving the team’s technical depth and efficiency.
- 3+ years of experience in professional software development.
- 2+ years of experience in Android development.
- A strong technical background with intuitive design sense and expert knowledge in Android APIs, Android Studio, Git and other mobile technologies.
- Experience shipping Android apps from scratch and apps that people love and use.
- A love for speed. Milliseconds means everything.
- A strong attention to detail, usability, security, and reliability.
- Excellent communication and organization skills with natural ability to articulate and defend design decisions.
- Comfort in owning implementation of a feature across the entire stack.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- A strong vision for modern business and enterprise products.\
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.