About the Role
- Community Leads are integral to the member experience, sales performance and operational excellence of our WeWork locations.
- Each Community Lead has a specialism majoring in either Sales, Hospitality or Operations, minoring in the other two disciplines.
- Alongside other Community Leads and Community Associates, you will support the Community Manager of the location to enable our members to create their life’s work.
- In this role, your primary focus will be Operations, while minoring in Sales and Hospitality. You will be measured on your ability to maintain operational excellence in line with weekly and monthly building health targets, supported by Facilities Leads overseeing a Portfolio of WeWork locations.
- Our Growth Through Achievement learning platform will continually equip you with the skills and training to carry out your responsibilities.
- Manage the team of Community Service Associates at your location to ensure cleaning and pantry responsibilities are executed daily to the highest standard
- Ensure Zendesk tickets and maintenance projects are being resolved in a timely manner to ensure the highest level of member experience
- Conduct quality control walkthroughs to address immediate issues, pre-empt potential future issues and identify areas for improvement when required
- Oversee the daily ordering and receipt of product from vendors
- Manage building access and provide support for landlord addressed issues
- Prepare building expense reports and budgets for Community Management review
- Organize the move-in and move-out schedules to minimize member issues
- Prepare daily, weekly and/or monthly progress reports and identify areas for improvement
- Conduct periodic review and revision of base building documents
- Support the Community Manager in making strategic decisions regarding the operational and financial performance and process optimization of the location
- Train Community Associates and other Community Leads at your location to conduct walkthroughs and prepare reports for those occasions when you are not able to do so
- Support the touring of new members when required
- Identify the needs of prospective and existing members and recommend tailored solutions responsive to their needs
- Support the research of prospective members in the tour pipeline and support follow-up and closing requirements when required
- Connect with local organizations and attend networking events to promote WeWork’s community and identify potential members
- Support the referral of prospective or existing members to other locations when required
- Develop relationships with members and proactively gather information on their needs to identify both WeWork and member services that could help them achieve their goals
- Identify and execute opportunities to connect members with each other
- Support the planning and supervision of educational, professional and personal development events based on members’ needs and requests
- Support the education of members on WeWork policies and procedures and encourage usage of wework.com and the member network app to address their needs
- Recommend best practices to your Community Manager for the benefit of the broader company related to member experience, sales, hospitality, operations, events and training
Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 2+ years experience in operations, ideally in hospitality or retail (ideally in addition to prior events and/or sales experience)
- Fluent local language and understanding of local culture required
- Experience managing individual contributors required
- Financial literacy and business operations experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multitask projects through from start to finish
- Passion and understanding for entrepreneurial communities
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than one hundred thousand members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, small businesses and enterprises; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.