Wealthsimple is Canada's largest and fastest growing online investment manager. Our mission: make investing easy and accessible for everybody. Our team is made up of ex- agency and startup talent with experience in building the world's biggest brands and tech products in Toronto, New York, and Silicon Valley.
We're working on the design challenges involved in making investment understandable and straightforward. We feel strongly about our brand (check out our Investing for Humans campaign
or the rest of our blog
), have won two Webby
awards for best financial services website, and have been featured on the App Store multiple times. We try to reflect our unique voice in everything we ship.
We're growing fast. In less than 3 years, we've gone from zero assets under management more than $2 Billion in assets under management. We have significant funding from strategic investors that will allow us to continue building an amazing product that's competitive on a global level.
We're looking for an experienced, product-focused leader to join the product design team in our Toronto office. We're still a small team but we're growing quickly. There's still a lot of space to help define and nurture the product design practice at Wealthsimple.
In this role:
- Be a well-rounded design enthusiast who loves making and leading
- Guide and collaborate with our designers to create consistent, best-in-class experiences
- Proactively seek out ways to improve the team and encourage professional development
- Vet and interview potential product design hires
- Work closely with our Chief Product Officer, PMs, and developer leads to spec out and design new features, improve the existing product and bring fresh viewpoints to the product
- Balance top-line business goals with an optimal user experience
- Represent and communicate the practice of product design at Wealthsimple
We’re looking for people who:
- Are overall design generalists, love great typography, and want to build delightful experiences
- Have worked on consumer-facing apps or products
- Can execute on tactical UI design as well as strategic UX thinking
- Believe in doing what's right for the customer
- Are creatively opinionated
- Believe simple is better, and like to create systems that complement each other
- Take initiative, bring ideas to the table and own projects. You get things done!
- Value open communication and working on a small and exceptionally transparent team
- Care about making others successful
- Experience in a similar leadership role in a product-focused environment
- Strong practical skills in the design tool of your choice (we use Sketch)
- Demonstrated ability to ship polished and well-crafted experiences
How to apply:
Attach a copy of your resume, portfolio, and a cover letter outlining why you want to join Wealthsimple, a favourite example of a thoughtfully designed product, and one widely held design opinion that you disagree with (and why).
We pride ourselves on creating a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive work place. Candidates who identify as a minority are welcome and encouraged to apply!