Are you looking to join one of Silicon Valley's hottest startups, with top-tier VC funding and all-star engineering, product, and sales teams? At Sumo Logic we are building the Next Generation Log Management and Analytics solution --- delivered as a cloud-based service. Led by industry veterans with funding from Greylock, we aim to be the #1 solution in this multi-billion dollar market.
As a Lead Technical Support Engineer, you will be the front line of hands on technical support for Sumo Logic. You will focus on assisting customers with technical issues resolution and advice and will participate in direct customer interactions to quickly assess and troubleshoot issues, document product enhancements or defects, and provide best practice advice around the implementation and use of the Sumo Logic service. If you are unable to resolve an issue, you will hand off the ticket to our on call software engineering team.
- Manage customer issues related to the installation, configuration, and implementation of the Sumo Logic service on a timely basis with a high level of communication and appropriate establishment of expectations.
- Document defect and enhancement requests on behalf of customers.
- Write and review technical knowledge base articles, solutions, FAQs, examples, and how-to's for publication to a customer and company knowledge system.
- Provide insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly engineering, product management and marketing.
- Define processes, procedures, and tools for the support team to effectively interact with customers and with other stakeholders.
- 5+ years experience supporting SaaS-based solutions.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer management skills.
- Knowledge of logging systems, such as Windows Event Viewer, Syslog, rsyslog, & Syslog-ng.
- Basic system administration skills such as OS updates, installing packages, enabling/disabling services, creating users & groups and managing file system permissions.
- Knowledge of SSH, creating and managing key-pairs, managing known_hosts and troubleshooting connections using the SSH -v option.
- Comfortable with basic scripting and programming (Java, C++, Python, Powershell, Bash, etc).
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, ping, traceroute, netcat, tcpdump, wireshark, nslookup, dig.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work and deeply understand a new product or service.