What’s most important to you? A great place to work? A stable, successful company? Or making a meaningful impact?
How about all of the above?
As an amazing place to work, we’re one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers according to the Globe and Mail. You can also check us out on Glassdoor
Success? Yes, please! inFlow has dominated the desktop inventory software market with over a million downloads and now we’ve expanded by taking it to the cloud and mobile. We’ve been profitable since the beginning in 2007, and we’re one of Canada’s fastest growing businesses according to the PROFIT 500 list.
Impact? Check! As the 23rd member of our team, you would be instrumental in shaping how our software helps tens of thousands of small businesses compete and thrive.
We’ve got an amazing group of talented and friendly people here, and we’re looking for world class talent, like you, to join us!
Some of our job benefits
- Work from home 2-3 days a week (wait, what?)
- Work from our beautiful Toronto office on office days
- Company-sponsored lunches once a month at great restaurants
- Top-notch computers. We hate slow computers too!
- All-expense-paid conferences
- Health and dental benefits
- Make a difference: you’ll be the 23rd member of our tight-knit team
In a nutshell, you’ll be the bridge between code and meeting people’s needs.
This role is a hybrid between traditional QA and software business analyst roles.
You’ll ensure that our software continually helps customers more by deeply understanding their needs. You’ll also help to question and improve software designs while testing, in order to catch problems early on.
- Dig into customer feedback to get a deeper understanding of their needs
- Test new software updates
- Work with software designers and developers, help design the product features and make sure updates ship quickly with high quality
- Pre-release manual software testing to find what might have broken, alongside our automated tests
- Clearly communicate details of software updates to our customer support and marketing teams
- Understand the software architecture and dig into logs and SQL databases to get to the root of the problem
- Familiarity with technical troubleshooting (e.g., SQL, REST APIs, browser consoles, log files, etc.)
- The ability to quickly understand broad concepts across people, processes, software design, and software development considerations
- The drive and courage necessary to ask challenging questions and work with multiple people to push for change
- Detail oriented thinking and a critical eye to catch problems
- The ability to look at a problem from all angles and suggest the best solution, making appropriate tradeoffs
- Clear and concise communication skills
- 1+ years experience working with agile software development
Nice to have (but not necessary)
- Experience working closely with user interface designers and/or user experience specialists
- Experience working closely with software developers
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent hands-on experience
- Experience with software test automation
- Experience with small business inventory management
- A healthy sense of impatience
- Bonus points if you find any bugs in this job posting ;)