Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
TITLE: Area Manager, Physical Security Operations, Corporate Security
COMPANY: Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) – PlayStation
LOCATION: San Mateo, CA
About Corporate Security and the CS Team: SIE’s Corporate Security Department (CS) has overall responsibility for ensuring the security of all SIE personnel and facilities. The CS team enables the creative process and supports overall productivity by creating safe and secure operating environments. The CS team is comprised of Physical Security, Protective Services, Security Technology, 24x7 Operations Center (GSOC), and Emergency Management professionals. In collaboration, the Team plans, directs, and coordinates activities related to the protection, safeguarding, and physical security of Company assets, brand, executives, employees, guests, and others.
About the Area Manager Position: We are looking for a well-rounded, creative, and dynamic professional to manage, and lead, the Physical Security team located within the SF Bay Area. This position includes full oversight for: daily operations, guarding, concierge services, contracting, risk assessments, investigations, and support for local and regional events. The position requires a passion for security operations and a collaborative approach to getting work done while operating in an ever-changing, fast, and ambiguous environment. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently, with limited guidance while advancing the mission across geographic and organizational boundaries. Comprehensive project management skills, balancing competing deliverables, time management skills, and strong attention to detail are exceptionally important for this role. The role is focused on the following areas:
Asset Protection: Protect the company’s assets and people from harm; keep the physical perimeter safe and secure. Assess and evaluate the varying level of physical security risks that could impact the business. These include threats and risks to: people, assets, operations, and brand. Recommend, and implement, risk mitigation techniques and tactics based upon industry best practices. Serve as team lead for investigations. Support travel security, special events, and journey management programming.
Operations: Overall responsibility for standardizing and ensuring effective implementation of physical security programming. Manage outside services contracts, desk operations, and guarding for the business. Leverage technology, resourcefulness, and talent to keep the business running while maturing processes. Directly support crisis management planning, response, and recovery efforts. The AOR for this role includes oversight for Bay Area sites (San Mateo and San Francisco) and assigned offices, warehouses, and company properties.
Strategy: Oversee and govern physical security strategy to ensure compliance with internal physical security policies as well as client driven, compliance, and business-led security requirements. Shape fiduciary decisions, policies, and methods to improve the business.
Leadership - Possess a capacity for proactive and strategic thinking and a track record demonstrating initiative, self-motivation, organizational leadership, and results-oriented attitude to influence outcomes. The incumbent will lead a team of disbursed physical security professionals, outside guarding services, desk reception professionals, and vendor support contracts.
Measurement: Envelop project management principles to govern physical security programs and special projects. Conducts, supervises, and prepares project plans, reports, and documentation in support of operational readiness and other enterprise requirements. Responsible for metrics and other team success measures
- Overall responsibility for standardizing and ensuring effective implementation of physical security programs within AOR
- Perform security audits, assessments, and mitigation as necessary
- Participate in the formulation of the organization’s security architecture
- Develop and implement policies, processes, program standards from scratch
- Incorporate technology and innovative methods to solve problems and advance the mission
- Provide leadership and development to the team and peers; influence the organization
- Envelops project management principles to govern physical security programs, projects, and investigations
- Procure vendors, negotiate contracts, and seek the best deals for the business
- Prepare reports, metrics, documents, and other material supporting operational readiness
- Teach, market, and socialize security principles
- Proactively solve problems, issues, and tactical and strategic risk situations
- Ability to be on-call 24/7, work irregular hours, and to travel periodically as planned or unplanned within or outside of assigned region
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of seven (7) years direct experience as a Security leader (within with one, or more major public or private sector security organization, intelligence, business, or a Fortune 500 company with progressively increasing levels of responsibility)
- CPP, PSP, CEM, PMP or other relevant/related industry certification
- Comprehensive understanding of corporate operations, HR, and Facilities
- Superior communication and organizational skills; ability to communicate with impact across all mediums
- Must be able to operate successfully between tactical and strategic tasks
- Experience operating and making decisions to remain compliant with legal, regulatory, and cultural norms (US and beyond)
- Working knowledge of state-of-the-art security programs and systems(access control/identity management/cameras)
- Excellent vendor management skills with demonstrated experience
- Strong cross-team and cross-group collaboration skills
- High degree of integrity, ethics, responsibility and dedication
- Previous experience working within tech, gaming, or F500 environments; Experience building physical security programming from ground-up
- Global and overseas experience (ex: LATAM)
- Knowledge of risk-threat analysis, vulnerability assessments, enterprise security monitoring, facility access control systems, emergency response planning, and investigative practices and protocols
NOTE: Finalists may be required to submit to a writing sample (TBD); please include references, and salary history, alongside application
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.