Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with more than 110 million members worldwide enjoying billions of hours of TV shows and movies per month.
Netflix Messaging Engineering builds the platform, applications and messages to communicate with Netflix members across their entire lifecycle, starting with acquisition, and then moving into account, on boarding and personalized content recommendation messaging. Messaging is considered part of the core Netflix product and is critical in driving growth and engagement of our member base as we work to take Netflix to the next 100 million subscribers.
The Netflix Messaging Platform team is responsible for communicating with Netflix users across a wide array of devices including computers, tablets, phones, smart TVs and gaming stations such as Wii, Playstation etc. Communication channels include emails, push notifications on mobile phones and tablets, and in-app messages. Messaging plays an important role in enabling critical transactions as well as increasing user engagement, retention and acquisition. If you enjoy analyzing data, problem solving and testing across a spectrum of interconnected systems and applications using leading technologies, this role with the Netflix Messaging Platform team might be perfect for you.
What you will do…
As a Senior Software Engineer in Test on the Messaging Platform team, you’ll own the end-to-end QA of our platform that sends billions of messages a year to over 110 million subscribers. As part of that you’ll own building and innovating our test automation framework as well as the automation test plans needed to maintain a high bar of quality of our systems. You’ll develop test plans as we build new features on our platform and A/B tests in our message personalization system. You’ll partner closely with the rest of Messaging engineering as well as other product and engineering teams to ensure we have solid test coverage as we continue to innovate. You and the team will ensure our highly-performant system evolves with maintainability and scalability in mind, solve complex problems in a distributed environment, and continually innovate the platform as we become more personalized and predictive in the frequency of messages and types of content we recommend to our members.
Here’s some of the work we have done ...
- Experience building and improving test automation frameworks
- Experience in automation and manual testing
- Experience testing products built on Java or other object oriented languages for a distributed environment.
- Experience working with large data sets to answer questions and extract patterns
- Experience implementing in Java or other object oriented languages for a distributed environment
- Thrive in an environment that requires you to work cross-functionally across engineering and product teams
- Great at making data driven decisions
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, EE, AM, or similar
Nice To Have Skills & Experience
- Groovy, Scala or other JVM languages
- Testing messaging platforms on a global scale
- Testing personalization systems