SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.CNC PROGRAMMER - TOOLINGRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use of NX or MasterCam CAD/CAM/CAE program to program CNC parts
- Use of Vericut for NC files as well as maintain revision control on programs and setup sheets
- Maintain knowledge of carbide tools and adjusting speed and feed parameters for maximum tool life
- Offer suggestions on drawing changes to improve manufacturability
- Design and program generation for the machining of fixture tooling for production of details, as directed by process sheets
- Meet expectations for productivity and production goals
- Constantly keep products moving and alert management when production is inhibited
- Provide consistent ideas for process improvements
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED
- 5 years of CNC programming experience using NX or MasterCam software
- 10 years of CNC programming experience using NX or MasterCam software
- Experience with live tooling lathe programming and off-center milling via Y-axis capabilities
- Experience with 5-axis milling, both table/table and knuckle/knuckle style, horizontal and vertical
- Experience with machine probe routines and writing macros
- Must be able to work all required shift hours, overtime and weekends, as needed
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. unassisted
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.