We’re looking for an AV Engineer who is passionate about finding solutions to hard problems and capable of resolving tier 2 level technical problems. Someone who has a strong grasp of troubleshooting advanced systems while supporting and training helpdesk technicians. You must be able to run AV for events and meeting support ranging from board meetings to all hands and assist our global support team in event coordination to create a seamless production. Your typical day will be filled with monitoring a ticket queue, helping to hit important metrics, contributing to our knowledge base, and coming up with innovative ways to better the AV experience for Slack employees as we rapidly grow.
- Perform in depth engineering reviews for upcoming jobs using SO’s, schematics, CADs and other documentation.
- Assist in development and explain prototype-build samples for advanced room types as part of a team based of company needs.
- Provide AV/VC support and planning for onsite/offsite events, presentations, and executive meetings
- Ensuring timely follow up and status update communication on issues is both internal and external, once resolved provide root cause analysis
- Develop solutions by understanding business requirements, working with relevant departments on IT solutions and processes to enhance and optimize
- Actively participate and be available for IT related escalations as required
- Audit all AV and conference systems through sweeps, maintenance, tracking and dashboards
- Assist users in the operations of AV/VC hardware, software, applications and services
- Create documentation on common issues users experience
- Keep abreast of trends in technology and its application to understand how they can improve AV services
- Maintain asset information
- Advanced understanding of audio, video, and control system signal flow and configuration standards.
- High comfort level with installation and troubleshooting; quickly and efficiently determine root causes of system issues.
- Advanced critical thinking for device capability for AV systems and support structures based on room design.
- Effective communication of status updates internally and externally.
- After hours event support
- Work experience in a startup environment.
- Experience with Zoom video conferencing.
- Tier 2 level of DSP understanding (Biamp, Clearone, Symetrix)
- Experience with Crestron DM level and above
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Slack.