Intercom makes communicating with your customers simple, personal, and fun for everyone. We value human connection and our goal is to make Internet business personal. Our products enable targeted communication with customers on websites, in web and mobile apps, by Facebook Messenger, and by email.
Intercom is a great place to work. Take a peek inside our offices to meet some of our talented and diverse teammates.
What's the opportunity?
As an Account Development Representative, you will not only qualify leads for Account Executives, but also work directly with start-up focused customers. ADRs at Intercom are sharp and ambitious; they are constantly thinking about our product and our customers on a daily basis. You will be a key member of the team leading the growth of our business. We’re in the early days of building a world-class sales organization, and the road ahead is going to be very exciting.
At Intercom, we are striving to do sales differently. You can read more about our approach here and here. We are asking our customers to put Intercom at the core of their businesses, and we can only do this by putting them at the core of ours.
We strongly believe in the overall growth and continued development of each new hire. In joining the Account Development team at Intercom, you join a community that believes in development and promotion from within. As a rapidly expanding business, there is a lot of opportunity for growth.
What will I be doing?
- Follow up on a high volume of new leads in a rapid manner to qualify those that should go to Account Executives
- Ensure 100% satisfaction with our customers
- Demonstrate an ability to engage with and attract new customers
- Help our early stage customers get started with Intercom by answering questions and running live daily demos
- Prioritize opportunities and apply appropriate resources
- Spearhead the growth & adoption of Intercom, and evangelize our product
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of our product and processes
- Work with Marketing, Product, Growth, and Customer Success to create the best customer experience
- Engage in team development and mentoring
What skills do I need?
- Minimum of 1+ years post-grad work experience
- Be an exceptional written and spoken communicator
- Be highly organized and autonomous
- Be comfortable and energized operating in a fast moving organization
- Exhibit entrepreneurial and self-motivational qualities
- Demonstrate a consultative mentality with distinct experience
- Express passion about product and working with startup companies
- Enthusiasm about learning and growing in this space
- Be intellectually curious and ambitious
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!