Are you looking for a change? Perhaps you want the challenge of working with a growing codebase or building out new projects. Maybe you’re looking for a chance to leave your drab giant enterprise gig working for the man and work with a small group of talented people at a quickly growing and progressive company?
We’re looking for a special someone to join our agile development team to help us build the future of online print ecommerce.
Primo Print is a progressive, forward thinking collection of unique individuals. We believe in a professional work environment built on mutual respect for one another which has led to minimal turnover in our ten year history. For example, our technical director and frontend lead have been with us for over 5 years each. Together, we have built a well respected, industry leading brand.
While we may be an online print company, we think of ourselves at our core as a technology company. We strive to put technology first along with offering customer service that is second to none. We know that making sure our customers are taken care of while providing the best and easiest experience possible is what sets us apart from the rest.
We’re a small team and we’re looking to add to our foundation to build a solid platform for future growth, so you’ll be an integral part of our team from the very start. Which leads us to..
You’ll be helping us build out new projects and update our existing properties. We decided a few years back to jump head first into Laravel and we’ve been with it since version 4.2, so we would love someone with extensive experience in the framework. However, OOP & MVC experience / knowledge is a must!
You’ll be working with our in house design and development team to help continue our build out and transition to our internal API while also working on new projects and occasionally playing a support role of which we all share the workload.
As part of the team you will be expected to provide feedback and ideas on projects and/or other improvements that could be made to the platform. You may at times also be writing specifications for projects that entails what needs to be done and estimations of the time it will take to achieve.
If you’re submitting an application we would love some examples of your work and even better, a link to your GitHub account if you have one.
- Strong knowledge of PHP with 4+ years of proven development experience.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented design principles and methodologies.
- Experience with the Laravel framework.
- Experience working with databases, both relational (MySQL) and NoSQL.
- Experience working with collaborative version control (git).
- Experience working with and integrating 3rd party APIs and libraries.
- Knowledge of best practices in regards to website optimization and backend development
- Debug issues reported in our production environment
- Able to spec out project requirements and provide level of effort estimations
- Able to communicate complex problems and proposed solutions, in both writing and conversation
- Test and troubleshoot with automated testing or manual quality control
- Experience Building Robust API’s
- AWS Platform Experience
- 4+ Years Programming
- Docker Experience
- DevOps Experience
- iOS / Android Dev Experience
- Competitive Salary (Up to $120K BOE)
- 401k w/ Company Match
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Work From Home / Remote Possibilities
- Latest hardware and software needed to get the job done
(All of our hardware is Apple based outside of a few PC’s for compatibility testing)
- Opportunity for growth
Send your resume and any related information you think we would like to see. If you have a github account, contributed to open source projects or have a personal project of which you’re particularly proud of please share it with us!