Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 125 million memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
In 2017, Netflix invested $6 billion in content globally. Since launching globally in 2016, our content library has doubled to include the best of Western entertainment, as well as high-quality Asian content. We have also added features that consumers love, such as mobile downloads. More than anything else, Netflix’s culture
is about getting to work with extraordinarily talented people, in an impactful environment.
About this role
Netflix has built a number of partnerships with companies, from mobile and fixed line network operators to CE device manufacturers and distributors, that help us deliver this service around the world. These partnerships have been instrumental in accelerating Netflix’s global growth story. The Business Development team is responsible for leading these partnerships, working closely with colleagues across Netflix to deliver efficient and effective outcomes for Netflix and our partners.
As Netflix continues to grow we are looking to hire a new Business Development Director who will be responsible for developing partnerships so that customers can sign up for and watch Netflix through many different screens and services. Many of these relationships are in place and the role will have a focus on strengthening and developing these partnerships for the longer term, as well as seeking new partnership opportunities. We are looking for a stand out Business Development professional with 10+ years of experience, who is passionate about Internet TV and has a fantastic track record in building high value, long lasting, international partnerships
The role will focus on (i) partnerships with ISPs, MNOs and MVPDs in South Korea (ii) regional relationships with Consumer Electronic and Mobile OEM partners. The role will drive partnerships from a commercial basis, and will work closely with colleagues in Product and Marketing both in Asia and the US to find the optimal ways of working with partners balancing between global, regional and country level.
The role will report into the VP, Business Development, Asia.
- You will primarily manage our partnerships with ISPs, PayTV operators, MNOs, and CE/Mobile OEMs in S. Korea, building out the partnerships and working with colleagues in Product and Marketing to find new ways to drive Netflix membership and viewing in an efficient manner.
- You will also look to develop these relationships into new territories where the partners operate, using Netflix’s global scale to create growth efficiently.
- You will explore new relationships in Korea that can help drive membership and viewing in an efficient manner, and that can be scaled across multiple territories.
- You will also provide partnership support with CE/Mobile manufacturers across Korea to ensure we get the most out of these partnerships in terms of maximising viewing for our members and winning new members in an efficient manner. You will work with BD team members along with Product and Marketing colleagues in the US on global relationships with these partners, and with partner-marketing teams at country/cluster level.
The Ideal candidate:
- Strong Netflix culture fit.
- 10 years minimum experience in Business Development in the MVPD, ISP, CE, Payment or adjacent industries, with stand out performance.
- Experience of/deep understanding of retail environment for CE and MVPD/MNO desirable.
- Technical and/or content background desirable.
- Deep understanding of VOD landscape Understanding of, and ability to work closely with, marketing and product colleagues.
- Passion for managing international partnerships.
- Strong performer with high level of self-organization and prioritization abilities.
- Prepared for significant travel.
- Fluent Korean speaker required