Netflix is becoming the largest producer of original content in the world, do you want to be on the team that brings this content to life? How would you take an unknown title and make it a household term? How would you develop a project and extend it to 800 devices, from Tablet to TV? You will be executing on the product team while collaborating with platform designers. You will be working across multiple organizations as a liaison, so communication is vital. Your work will be used by over 90 million Netflix members. We're continuing to invest in globally recognized original content like Stranger Things, Orange is the New Black and Making a Murderer. You would be developing ideas, crafting rich canvasses and testing new experiences that can bring our titles to life for our members.
You're truly talented-recognized among your peers as the best. Your portfolio inspires and impresses other designers. Frankly, it also makes them a little jealous.
You're an innovator by nature. You "think" AND "do". You're smart, confident, highly competent-and mature enough not to have an ego. You're a skilled communicator who welcomes honest, candid feedback. You believe that the best designs prove themselves in the marketplace, and you think of data and testing as allies in creating the best possible user experience.
You have exceptional visual skills, and impeccable sensibility for color, composition, form and story. You're a genius at solving interactive problems-and you're passionate about exploring new frontiers in web, TV and mobile interface design.
This is a very hands-on, roll-your-sleeves-up-and-get-dirty kind of place where the things you create have widespread impact. Expect to learn and grow on a daily basis.
We've discovered that creating elegant user experiences requires two things: A team of talented, expert-level designers whose individual strengths complement each other, and a close-knit, open-minded environment where collaboration and feedback are valued.
Speaking of collaboration, we believe in developing strong relationships with our partners in product management, engineering, and marketing. We also believe that the very best designs prove themselves in the marketplace. That's why we use consumer science, metrics and testing to inform our design instinct and sensibility.
We need your skills to help our successful business reach even greater heights. You'll find that our compensation, benefits, and culture are hard to beat.
- 8+ years design on interactive experiences (TV interface experience is a plus)
- A great portfolio
- Expert abilities with the Adobe Creative Suite (motion experience is a plus)
- Expert abilities with Sketch
- Ability to rapidly produce multiple designs
- Clear evidence of attention to detail and multitasking
- A disciplined approach to managing your own projects
- BA/BS in fine arts, graphic arts, human factors or related field
- A good sense of humor
- A love of movies
- Smart, conceptual, confident, competent, adaptable, and proactive.
- Earnest, mature, and ego-free. You welcome candid feedback, and can constructively give it as well.
- Ability to bring projects from concept to completion, doing everything possible to ensure their success.
A few more things you should know:
- Design is a hugely respected part of creating a great Netflix product. The team initiates many of our best ideas and it strongly influences our implementation, but it is up to the product management team, and not design, to make broader product decisions.
- In order to attract deep talent, we pay top of market. Solving hard problems requires highly talented people, and we compensate appropriately.
- We expect a lot. Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it’s worth learning more about Netflix at www.netflix.com/Jobs.