Flipboard gives people a single place to stay informed and get inspired to pursue their passions. With more than 100 million readers every month, Flipboard is used by people around the world to read leading publications, blogs and industry news as well as to collect stories, images, and videos into their own Flipboard Magazines to share ideas with others or simply express their perspectives.
We are looking for a full-time IT Support Specialist to provide technical and user assistance to our growing employee base. The position is based in our Palo Alto office. The ideal candidate will have a strong service orientation and be comfortable troubleshooting issues across hardware, software, and network platforms in Mac, Windows, iOS and Android environments. This an impactful role at Flipboard as it is a touchpoint for every employee in the company.
- Investigate and troubleshoot application, operating system and peripheral errors
- Provision new employee equipment and accounts, including mobile devices
- Continue and establish vendor relationships to ensure we’re using the best tools and services
- Manage all aspects of network connectivity; from telecom hand-off to firewall/routing, Wifi and VPN
- Manage and maintain all video conferencing equipment and the quality of the audio/visual experience at Flipboard
- Test new applications and operating systems for compatibility
- Set up a shared Mac OS X workstation environment
- Expand upon existing ticketing and wiki systems as the company grows
- Understand the underlying components necessary to make OpenLDAP, DNS, and DHCP function correctly
- Be the subject matter expert in multiple desktop technologies; maintain documentation, provide training, be point-of-contact for vendors and technical escalations
- 3+ years of experience in a Desktop Support role
- Strong experience with Mac applications: Parallels, Bootcamp, MS Office, Safari, Mail, iCal
- Strong desktop hardware experience (MacBooks, laptops, printers, network attached storage)
- Fast learner with the ability to become proficient in new applications and be a knowledgeable resource
- Basic understanding of networking (TCP / UDP) as it relates to switching, routing, firewalls, and VPN
- Maintain passwords, data integrity, system access and security for desktop technologies
- Mac/Linux scripting (Bash, Shell, Perl)
- Experience with Open Source applications
- Previous experience building tools to ensure IT efficiency
- Experience supporting mobile devices in a corporate environment (iPhone, Android, Windows Mobile)
Benefits & Perks
- Flipboard’s Palo Alto headquarters is an open, beautifully designed space, centrally located to public transportation
- Our CEO, Mike McCue, is a creative visionary experienced at building innovative products and companies
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with company contribution
- Flexible hours and generous 'out of office time' for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Free breakfasts, snacks, and lunches provided Monday through Friday
- Free Caltrain GoPass or Palo Alto parking permit
- Flipboard Sports: basketball & soccer teams, certified rock climbers, biking, or anything you'd like to organize
- Team Celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur Mike McCue, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We have a track record of betting on people, giving them bigger roles, and supporting them. We believe strongly in the importance of investing in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.