We are hiring a technical lead software engineer who is motivated by troubleshooting and diagnosing issues found in the Enterprise Container Platform, delivering timely and high quality code and architectural fixes to customers. In this role you will work with the Customer Success and Product Engineering teams to address product defects by applying code fixes to the Enterprise and Open Source Docker products and platforms.
- Investigate and implement code fixes to resolve product issues in the entire stack including Docker Engine, Docker Orchestration (Swarm and Kube) as well as Docker Trusted Registry.
- Deep analysis of the code to understand and articulate code and implementation issues in Go programming language.
- Drive escalated issues along with Critical Situation managers.
- Mentor junior members of the team on maintainable code, problem diagnosis, and serviceability.
- Design, implement, and improve existing tools to help customer success engineers to diagnose problems in order to reduce time to resolution.
- 5+ years of experience in developing and troubleshooting Enterprise software products, particularly in the area of software infrastructure and preferably Container Technology.
- Strong analytical, debugging, and troubleshooting skills including use of tools to analyze product logs and support dumps.
- 3+ years of experience working on highly scalable distributed systems.
- 2+ years of experience writing code in Golang to implement features and/or address product defects in existing products.
- You have experience with sustaining and maintenance of Enterprise software products and tools.
- Experience with Docker and Container Technology and products is a strong plus.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.