The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom’s Messenger and our bot Operator are used by thousands of businesses to talk to their customers, powering over 500,000,000 conversations every month. These features are core to Intercom’s platform, which powers all our products. In this role, you’ll own the positioning and marketing for them both to ensure Intercom is the Messenger of choice for sales, marketing and support teams. You’ll work closely with our product and marketing teams to increase awareness, adoption and usage through everything from influencing the roadmap to launching new features.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Own the positioning and messaging for Operator and Messenger, and how they fit in our wider product positioning
- Own announcements of new platform features to Intercom customers and the wider market
- Work closely with marketing and sales to highlight the value of the platform through the development of positioning, messaging, enablement activities and marketing materials such as videos and customer stories
- Collaborate with the rest of the product marketing team to articulate how Messenger and Operator strengthen and differentiate each of Intercom's products/use cases from their respective competition
- Work directly with the product team to influence the product roadmaps for Operator and Messenger, based on market demand, competitor intelligence and customer feedback
What skills do I need? 📖
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent working experience
- 5+ years of experience in marketing SaaS products, messengers or platforms
- (Bonus) Background in platform marketing, B2C or consumer/business messaging platforms
- Ability to work cross-functionally and confident collaborating with product stakeholders
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!