We all love what we do, and we all love doing it together, because we demand the best people to make the best Venmo.
Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the foreboding walls of financial transactions to make them intuitive and even fun with friends. And it worked, people love sending money with Venmo.
But we’re not done. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place you use your money. We want to connect the people of the world with their money, in an intuitive way, then connect them with each other in a genuine way.
All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together.
Disputes Program Manager
The Disputes Program Manager for Venmo will define processes and design/maintain policies that meet the needs of the business and deliver best-in-class customer experience for Venmo users. The Program Manager will work closely with the Support, Risk and Fraud and Compliance teams and coordinate with other relevant teams, especially Fraud, to ensure Venmo remains a trusted company by managing disputes, chargebacks, complaints, and related escalations. This role will be responsible for continually improving the trustworthiness of our platform, by conducting reviews for improvements, to ensure that a high standard of service is met while establishing efficient operational processes and work across the company to drive best practice and right solutions. This includes working with the Venmo Product team to ensure that there is a robust feedback loop between Support and Product regarding Disputes.
- Define disputes policies by working cross functionally to balance best-in-class user experience, business needs and loss mitigation and regulatory obligations
- Create and continuously improve Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documents that translate disputes policies into scalable, efficient workflows
- Help build an operating team from the ground up by participating in hiring and onboarding
- Train the operating team on the Standard Operating Procedures and get the team ready to execute on the process
- Actively contribute to managing customer touch points in the disputes lifecycle, including customer communications
- Review disputes and interact with customers to full resolution as needed, be willing to get your hands dirty!
- Investigate incoming payment disputes to identify trends, patterns, and other potential suspicious activity surrounding the claim
- Work closely with Support and Risk operations teams to manage escalation paths into the Disputes group and review incoming cases to refine intake processes
- Gather data and develop reporting for disputes and other escalated complaint cases
- Develop controls and monitoring to ensure performance against business goals and compliance with legal and regulatory obligations, operating policies and relevant business agreements.
- Remain up-to-date one industry information, federal regulation, new product, enhancements, system changes and compliance issues. Relay this information to the team on an “as needed” basis.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3+ years of experience in a financial or regulated industry
- Deep understanding of chargeback and dispute process required
- Knowledge of financial regulations preferred
- Experience working in a technology environment
- Previous experience in a financial operations related role
- Training, quality, and/or policy development experience
- Payments industry experience is a plus
- Strong organizational skills and excellent follow-through
High emotional intelligence, a can-do mentality and a creative approach to problem solving
- Outstanding written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and reporting skills, SQL experience a plus
- Someone who is not afraid to get their hands dirty
- Ability to succeed in a matrix management culture (more than one reporting relationship)
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time