The Accounting Manager will report into the Director of Accounting Operations and be responsible for many aspects of the financial close process. This includes working with international and domestic accounting personnel to coordinate the timely completion of monthly financial reporting packages, external statutory audits and related filings as well as indirect tax and income tax returns.
- Oversee the preparation, review and reporting of quarterly financial statements and the month end close process
- Journal entry and account reconciliation review
- Ensure the timely completion of external statutory audits and filings for multiple foreign entities
- Manage the filing of tax returns and other local reporting requirements for foreign subsidiaries
- Prepare supporting schedules for the External Reporting department’s filing of 10Q and 10K reports
- Submit financial statements and supporting schedules to Liberty Media for their external reporting purposes
- Prepare/review and present monthly financial analyses to ensure proper ledger recording and provide value added information to the business
- Act as the primary contact for accounting inquiries from department staff and auditors
- Provide information to the Financial Planning & Analysis group for internal budget to actual and operational reporting
- Improve processes and create operational efficiencies in a high growth, dynamic environment
- Future opportunity to hire and manage additional staff needed to support growth
- Perform numerous other tasks and projects as required
- 8+ Years of experience
- CPA preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Strong technical knowledge of GAAP and public company reporting requirements
- Prior experience in a managerial role a plus
- Extensive experience with inter-company accounting & consolidations
- Experience with Workday and/or Hyperion a plus
- SOX compliance exposure
- Highly skilled in MS Excel
- Must be highly organized and able to work independently
- Strong time management and communications skills
- Ability to meet designated deadlines and manage multiple initiatives
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
Must be able to perform customary physical duties and meet appropriate social expectations of a professional office environment.
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.