Why this role is excellent:
As a Project Manager on the Advertising Solutions team, you will combine your project management skills, creativity and media industry knowledge to help lead the ideation, implementation and reporting of custom client solutions in response to advertiser’s request for proposals for the APAC market.
You will work seamlessly with other TripAdvisor departments such as Sales, Ad Operations, Product, Marketing, Engineering and Design to ensure solutions create engaging user experiences while helping our advertisers meet their objectives in partnering with the world’s largest travel site/community.
The Project Manager role reports to the Regional Lead APAC. This position is based in Singapore.
What you will do:
- Develop knowledge of all current core site and advertising products as well as an understanding of the TripAdvisor brand and all sites within the TripAdvisor Media Group (i.e. Viator, LaFourchette, Booking Buddy, Cruise Critic)
- Collaborate with the sales team, Ad Operations, Engineering and other members of the Ad Solutions team to create bespoke proposals and sponsorship packages in response to advertiser briefs with a particular focus on Chinese marketplace and clients
o Lead creative brainstorming and concept development
o Develop internal creative briefing forms
o Lead the presentation of the idea and execution to sales team and client (agency/advertiser)
- Manage the implementation of client campaigns including:
o Develop internal and client-facing project scope, deliverables documents and timelines
o Manage client relationship
o Assist with research, analysis, development, testing, and campaign launch efforts
o Provide reporting based on agreed schedule and optimization suggestions based on performance data
- Build relationships and liaise with multiple teams in APAC, London and US office; work independently and with a team, communicating effectively and following process with sales, engineering, and creative teams
- Develop proficiency with TripAdvisor site data, products and reporting tools to understand, anticipate and mitigate impact of traffic and core site changes on advertising products and client campaigns
- Work cross-functionally to manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences
- Learn from your work and the Advertising Solutions projects to ensure our campaigns produce optimal results to both the user and the advertiser.
- Stay on top of trends in the online advertising and media landscape; understand how those trends can translate to TripAdvisor business
What we need from you:
- Must possess a BS/BA degree
- Minimum of 3-4 years of internet business experience in an advertising production environment
Knowledge of online media, marketing and advertising required
- Previous project management experience
Excellent communication skills both written and oral, both in English and Mandarin
• Analytical skills - fluency with reporting metrics and ability to translate data into trends, suggest optimizations and build case studies
• Strong knowledge and usage of CMS Tools, Dart (DSM and DFP)
• Proficient with Powerpoint and Excel
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
Knowledge or experience with Chinese market and media trends is a plus
• Good business judgment, as well as emotional and professional maturity required
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
• Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behaviour and work methods accordingly
• Familiar with global corporate structure and comfortable working across time zones at times as required by job
• Ability to both work independently but contribute in a collaborative environment
• Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
• Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behaviour toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
• Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
• Identifies and analyses problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
• Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
• Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
• Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business