Our mission is to connect the world’s photographers. Every month, millions of people from around the world use our website and mobile apps to find, share, and get rewarded for the world’s most inspiring photography.
Duties and responsibilities will be commensurate with the position of a Director of Product, including the following:
- Responsible for all activities of the product management department, including mentoring, support and directly managing a team of 3 Product Managers
- Oversee and ensure that the functions of the Product Managers are efficiently and effectively executed
- Own the health of the existing product; identify and monitor critical business metrics daily and provide regular and accurate reporting to exec staff on product initiatives
- Develop the product roadmap for both the short and long term, collaborating with senior business executives to determine business priority
- Manage the overall product roadmap and feature prioritization and execution, maintaining and executing against the roadmap effectively and efficiently
- Use multivariate testing to prove or disprove product ideas and share insights with the team
- Establish and refine and framework for monitoring and measuring success metrics after any launches, incorporating feedback into the product development process
- Collaborate with other Product Line Directors, including engineering, marketing, design and business development departments, translating the product needs into requirements and to drive consensus across the departments
- Build an understanding and cultivate in the product’s vision, the business case, as well as compiling the product planning material necessary for driving product initiatives further with clarity and consensus
- Responsible for developing, defining, and overseeing the product’s roadmap and managing it as required for the purpose of meeting deliverables for the business, including incorporating the existing development backlog and makes priorities as determined by the business, consumer, and market needs
- Work intimately with the marketing department to develop marketing strategies, plans for product marketing initiatives and processes
- Conduct relevant product research; establishing competitive intelligence and various market analyses that supplement and compliments analyses already conducted by junior product managers; conducting consumer and market research that further aids the business in understanding current and future product needs
- Represent the business and promote the product by advocating for its value and benefits at executive briefings, marketing events, online consumer platforms, etc.
- Develop reports, dashboards and key tools for tracking KPIs and critical product and business metrics; provide summary of status and tracking against established timelines and KPIs on a regular basis to key stakeholders across the business line and senior leadership team
- Identify any key issues or risks that impact the meeting of pre-established targets and propose and implement solutions and improvements
What the Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- 7+ years experience delivering highly successful and innovative technology products that you are proud of
- Demonstrated experience in managing a both mobile and web products from end-to-end, from discovery to delivery to ongoing refinement and optimization
- Experience using lean startup and agile principles to develop product market fit
- Grit: when the need arises you are willing to work through messy details with your team to achieve success; you persevere when others fall away
- A bias towards action: the ability to cut through any issue, identify the salient points, and rally a team around addressing them
- High standards: for yourself, your work, and your colleagues
- Exceptional communication skills
- Track record balancing making decisions using data vs creative vision
- Experience with analytic tools and SQL an asset
- A love of photography
- Interesting technical challenges
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible hours
- Catered lunches, snacks and drinks
- Great health and dental benefits
- Professional development opportunities
Our Interview Process
- Phone screen: < 30 min conversation with a hiring manager.
- In-person interviews: 3-5 hours at our office where you'll meet multiple members of our team.
We believe diverse teams perform better, and we seek to increase our overall team diversity. We make active efforts to reduce the impact of unconscious bias in our hiring process.
Made by Marc Köhlbrugge
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at 500px.