Who Are We
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
As a key leader in the global Admissions organization, this role is critical to General Assembly’s ongoing success and growth, as well as the success and growth of our students. As a Regional Admissions Director, you will manage a remote team of 5-10+ Admissions Producers (APs) on 3-4+ North American campuses, acting as a model of sales success and effectiveness.
Success in this role requires combining on the ground sales skills including coaching, training and development with analytical skills such as forecasting, and excellent communication skills to report on progress and manage internal stakeholders including local, regional and headquarters management.
- Ensure consistent, high performance in all key sales funnel metrics for each team member; work with your team to manage a complex lead and opportunity pipelines to meet and exceed bookings targets.
- Coach and provide impactful feedback to each admissions producer on an ongoing basis. Complete weekly 1:1s with APs to monitor progress and course correct where needed on items such as pipeline management, overall activity, NVM availability, etc.
- Regularly implement team improvements and suggest global changes where needed to help your teams and global admissions team succeed.
- Plan and execute ongoing group training and professional development in product knowledge, technical and functional skills (call flow/Sales 101, sales event best practices)
- Ensure timely staffing with a high bar for admissions representative output in the first 90 days; manage onboarding and training of new admissions representatives.
- Communicate regularly with both regional sales teams and local campus operations leadership on resource needs, enrollment pacing, and inventory management in order to maximize regional bookings.
- Provide regular, accurate forecasting to local and regional management to inform decision-making.
- Partner closely and collaborate with local Regional Directors. Facilitates tight communication on admissions and non-admissions team issues. Keep RD in the loop on the progress of their Admissions team. Share information to ensure RDs feel supported and aligned on market-specific priorities.
- Successfully engage all team members, including those located on other campuses, using a combination of in-person and remote communication tactics.
- Works with regional management to ensures appropriate pipeline of info sessions, 101s and other in-person sales events; monitors quality and effectiveness
- Sales and people management experience required
- 5+ years of consumer sales experience preferred
- 2+ years of people management experience preferred, including time spent coaching and developing direct reports.