As the Government Affairs Specialist, you will work with the DraftKings Government Affairs team to monitor and engage in various legislative and regulatory issues impacting the business across the country. As the Government Affairs Specialist, you will report to the Assistant Director of Government Affairs and work closely with the DraftKings Government Affairs and Legal teams.
- Assist in coordination and oversight of multi-state legislative effort
- Advise on government affairs strategy for company
- Manage strategy and contract lobbyists and various state efforts
- Develop and maintain relationships with key policy makers
- Review legislation and analyze its impact on the company
- Draft comments on proposed legislation and regulations
- Testify at legislative hearings and meetings
- Assist company in obtaining appropriate licenses
- Monitor developments in industry and provide relevant and timely insight
- Strategize and coordinate efforts with communications team
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of gaming industry and laws impacting gaming businesses required
- College degree and five years of working experience required; J.D. required
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative attitude
- Ability to spot issues and propose solutions
- Ability to timely respond to new demands, priorities, and challenges
- This position could require travel up to 30% of the time.
- Position can be based in Boston or DC [or flexible].
Made by Marc Köhlbrugge
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at DraftKings.