DraftKings is a leading sports entertainment brand that creates the most exciting digital sports competitions and experiences on the planet. Our goal is to transform the way fans experience sports. Our mission is to make sports better – and make better sports fans – by bringing them closer to the games they love. We are the signature tech startup of our generation in Boston.
The Senior Payroll Analyst is a key member of our People Operations team. In this role, you will be responsible for the administration of our global bi-weekly and monthly payrolls, ensuring accuracy and compliance with all applicable regulations. You will work with the People Operations team to proactively build payroll and HRIS processes that are scalable, efficient, and accurate as the Company grows. You are passionate about being organized, are driven by quality, and are analytically minded in solving complicated problems.
- Responsible for collecting and maintaining payroll information and calculating payroll on a bi-weekly basis
- Reviews and approves changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- Issues paychecks or electronic transfers to employee bank accounts
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages
- Summarizes payroll liabilities related to employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of payroll experience
- Self-motivated with strong organizational/prioritization skills and ability to multi-task with close attention to detail.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution skills including complex accounting issues.
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Self-starter with initiative who is able to lead and work in a fast-paced and changing environment and is able to handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Able to anticipate and independently solve problems.