Classy is a social enterprise that creates world-class online fundraising tools for nonprofits, modernizing the giving experience to accelerate social impact around the world. Originally started as a beach-side pub crawl to raise money for cancer research, Classy has built a powerful donor ecosystem that, since 2011, has helped thousands of organizations raise over half a billion dollars – with fundraising doubling on the platform every year since launch. Classy is trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and Malala Fund, to some of the world’s largest social organizations, such as Acumen Fund, Heifer International, and Shriners Hospital s for Children.
A VC-backed SaaS company based in San Diego, CA and recognized by Fast Company as one of the Most Innovative Companies for Social Good, Classy boasts a culture that is exciting, result-oriented, and above all else, committed to our mission. Our customers deserve a technology solution—and a team— that can transform the giving experience. We’d love for you to be a part of it.
Today, the 225-person Classy team services over 3,000 nonprofit customers and also hosts the annual Classy Awards to shine a spotlight on the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe.
We are looking for a passionate, high-performing salesperson with experience selling technology products and/or services. The ideal candidate has a history of exceeding sales quota, loves the thrill of the hunt, and is capable of building and growing a pipeline of business as a result of outbound prospecting and high activity metrics. They also have experience navigating through organizations, doing deep discovery, and selling to multiple decision makers.
Who You Are:
- Competitive – You have a huge drive to individually compete (and win) while still being a fantastic team player.
- Flexible – A piece of taffy has nothing on you, you can stretch and grow whenever and wherever. You thrive on change!
- Hunter – You strategically attack a regional territory to hunt and close new business.
- Organizational Genius – You can prioritize in your sleep and sometimes even do so.
- Overachiever – The difference between extraordinary and ordinary is that little extra; you are that little extra.
- Self-Motivated – When you wake up in the morning, you KNOW how good of day you are going to have before it even starts.
- Social – People like you, and you like people. And people helping people is powerful stuff.
- A Juggler – You could’ve joined the circus with your mad skills, but instead you decided to share them with the world in order to help organizations reach their maximum potential.
- Passionate – Your heart keeps growing and has no plans on stopping. You care about the world, your community, and making a difference in it.
What Your Day-to-Day Looks Like:
- Methodically qualify, build, and manage an accurate sales pipeline; maintain a high volume of activity including outbound calls, emails, and social selling.
- Skillfully deliver web based presentations, leveraging strong product knowledge and inside sales best practices.
- Comfortably sell to VP & C-Suite executives and navigate through multiple decision makers to create compelling events and secure all approvals.
- Strategically attack a regional territory to close new business, working with all support staff and providing direction to our outbound prospecting team.
- Consistently kill your quarterly and annual sales quota and be well-compensated for doing so.
What You Bring to the Table:
- 3+ years of inside sales experience in a full-cycle, hunting, new business role required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience selling technology products and/or services strongly preferred.
- Experience selling into the non profit space, specifically development offices a plus.
- Previously trained in consultative/value based selling.
- Experience selling to and navigating a complex sale.
- Technically savvy and specifically skilled in using CRM (preferably Salesforce) to manage sales cycles.
- A big heart for the nonprofit space.
- Ability to work in our downtown San Diego office (this is not a remote position).
We would be remiss not to mention our awesome perks!
- 29 days off annually including vacation + holidays
- 10 half-day Fridays a year
- 20 hours paid volunteer time off
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or ride-share allowance
- Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- 401(k) plan
- Fitness membership discounts
- Pet-friendly office
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings and participate in team sports
- Monthly employee development courses
- New expansive office in downtown San Diego overlooking Petco Park baseball stadium and the ocean