About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $1.7 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, we have raised $210M from top-tier investors and built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable and high-growth business, with a loyal 8 million strong customer base who share the experience of renting as being empowering and smart.
Our 1000+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. We’ve built - proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - and we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build and scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
As the Customer Experience Lead he/she will be the right hand for our CX Manager. This role will assist in the management of the RTR Service Bar. This is a management role with leadership responsibilities that will contribute directly to the growth and expansion of our business and are subject to change. He/She will work to develop a customer-centric team while ensuring that the store is an active member of the community! The CX Lead will ensure each and every customer is warmly welcomed and completely understands how the store works and will return to RTR. Do you think you have what it takes to dream big in our dream closet?
Enter our dream closet of…
- exceptional customer experience
- endless opportunity to learn and grow with your team
- taking risks where trying new things and learning from mistakes are valued
- new adventure to rewrite the rules
- a positive work environment of outstanding teamwork, mutual respect and exceptional morale.
- lead in understanding, implementing, and living in the core values!
Do you have a passion for....
- forming genuine connections with customers to create a memorable experience that makes them want to come back?
- joining a disruptive retail environment where we’re always rewriting the rules?
- working together to achieve something better than what we can do individually?
- taking risks, trying new things and where learning from mistakes are valued - we are continuously improving?
- a positive and collaborative work environment that includes mutual respect and trust?
Reports to: Customer Experience Manager
- Partner with Customer Experience Manager on building a high-performance team of Customer Experience Specialists with a focus on the RTR Bar and all the services offered to our customers
- Coach and develop specialists while providing daily motivation of store team, along with celebrating team successes
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving abilities in a customer facing environment
- Proactively communicate updates or changes needed to improve operational efficiencies and overall customer experience
- Assist in the training new hires on the customer experience in store
- Responsible for driving strong customer service score in store including: NPS, Yelp and Customer satisfaction score
- Oversee the Concierge program including online chat and in-store VIP concierge
- Oversee customer experience team zoning to ensure all areas are covered in order to provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to deliver 5-star service to each and every customer
- Ensures customer expectation is exceeded at each visit
- Proactively demonstrates a “go the extra mile” mindset
- Create a positive, energetic environment focused on the customer experience
- Partners with OPS on Outbound/Inbound or Distribution Center related issues
- Be inventive and create additional business opportunities by ensuring that team members focus on building their clientele
- Understanding of all RTR store collateral ( How it Works, Unlimited, Appointments, Referral)
- Expert on all RTR services: Customer Check-In, Walk-In and Appointments, Pick up in store, Drop Off, RTR Now
- Able to excel in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Able to multitask between various customer types
- Assist customers at checkout, customer pick-up orders, and Unlimited SWAPS
- Awareness of online and in-store inventory
- Able to navigate through RTR website seamlesslyKeep the store presentable and organized at all times through replenishing inventory, re-racking and maintaining cleanliness throughout the store
- Responsible for opening/closing the store
- Responsible for ensuring all opening and closing store procedures occur in a timely and efficient manner
- Managing promotional codes in store
- Ensuring store team is effectively utilizing all collateral
- At least 2+ years management experience in the retail, hospitality or any high-touch customer experience business (depending upon the volume of the business) with a proven track record of successfully managing a team in a store environment
- Training, interviewing, planning, organizational, and performance management skills.
- Technically savvy and proficiency with MS Office; Outlook, Excel, Word
- Strong analytical and communication skills - verbal and written
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to react to business trends and identify areas of opportunity.
- Proven track record in attendance and performance
- Dedicated to high level of client service and revenue productivity
- Must be able to work while standing and walking and be able to lift approx 20 lbs
- Flexible schedule and ability to commit to a minimum of 40 hours per week including nights and weekends