About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $1.7 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, we have raised $210M from top-tier investors and built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable and high-growth business, with a loyal 8 million strong customer base who share the experience of renting as being empowering and smart.
Our 1000+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. We’ve built - proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - and we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build and scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
As the Customer Experience Manager , she/he will lead a team focused on all the services offered at our San Francisco location. Our RTR Service Bar was designed to handle each step of the customer experience from her check in to the store to picking up her order at her desired time. This role will ensure each and every customer is welcomed and completely understands how the store works and will return again to RTR. Do you think you have what it takes to dream big in our dream closet?
The CX Manager will play a lead role in ensuring overall success in the store’s customer satisfaction. This role will monitor that all tech roll outs such as self scanners and traffic control mechanisms are beneficial to the overall customer experience and store interaction, especially for the subscriber. The CX manager will play a key role in developing a store that is both user friendly and a vital part of the Unlimited, Update and Reserve experience with the RTR brand.
Enter our dream closet of…
- exceptional customer experience
- endless opportunity to learn and grow with your team
- taking risks where trying new things and learning from mistakes are valued
- new adventure to rewrite the rules
- a positive work environment of outstanding teamwork, mutual respect and exceptional morale.
- Lead in understanding, implementing, and living in the core values!
Do you have a passion for....
- forming genuine connections with customers to create a memorable experience that makes them want to come back?
- joining a disruptive retail environment where we’re always rewriting the rules?
- working together to achieve something better than what we can do individually?
- taking risks, trying new things and where learning from mistakes are valued - we are continuously improving?
- a positive and collaborative work environment that includes mutual respect and trust?
Reports to: Store Experience Manager
- Responsible for building a high performance team of Customer Experience Specialists & Leads with a focus on the RTR Bar and all the services offered to our customers
- Coaching and development of specialists & leads while providing daily motivation of store team, along with celebrating team successes
- Act as a mentor and point person to the team by providing guidance, constructive feedback, and demonstrating strong problem solving abilities in a customer-facing environment
- Proactively communicate updates or changes needed to improve operational efficiencies and overall customer experience
- Act as the liaison between CX team in the distribution center (DFC) and the store team and communicate any necessary information
- Responsible for training new hires on the customer experience in store
- Responsible for driving strong customer service score in store including: CSAT and Yelp
- Lead customer tech role outs such as return and availability scanners & self-check-out, ensuring our customer is educated on how to use the store
- Ability to deliver 5 star service to each and every customer with a goal of 80%+ CSAT score
- Ensures customer expectation is exceeded at each visit
- Proactively demonstrates a “go the extra mile” mindset
- Responsible for achieving customer satisfaction goal for the entire store
- Create a positive, energetic environment focused on the customer experience
- Present on the sales floor, as a floor manager, coaching in the moment
- Actively monitor service experience to manage acceptable wait times and ensure excellence in customer service
- Coach specialists on dealing with challenges and customer issues
- Partners with OPS on Outbound/Inbound or Distribution Center related issues
- Be inventive and create additional business opportunities by ensuring that team members focus on building their clientele
- Able to problem solve, offering proactive solutions to customer service related issues and modeling this for the team
- Ensuring that all customer centric tech such as self-scanners, check in IPads, and self check-out are in line with the customer’s needs and their RTR experience, and communicating opportunities to corporate
- Responsible for assuring that all policies implemented by CX are in line and cohesive to the store experience and taking the steps to make any necessary changes
- Emphasis on the Unlimited Subscriber, ensuring her store experience is a crucial part of her Subscription
- Manage the Customer Experience team schedule
- Able to zone accordingly to the needs of each day, time and season. Recognize when changes need to be made with regards to zoning and reacting in real time with regards to these changes
- Emphasis on prioritizing the customer’s ease in navigating the store
- Understanding of all RTR store collateral (How it Works, Unlimited, Appointments, Referral)
- Expert on all RTR services: Customer Check-In, Walk-In and Appointments, Pick up in store, Drop Off, RTR Now
- Able to excel in an extremely fast paced environment
- Able to multitask between various customer types
- Assist customers at RTR Service Bar as needed for customer checkout, customer pick-up orders, and Unlimited SWAPS
- Awareness of online and in-store inventory
- Able to navigate through all RTR systems seamlessly
- Responsible for opening/closing the store
- Managing promotional codes in store
- Manage in store collateral and partner with corporate on all employee and customer feedback
- Effectively recruit top talent for the Customer Experience team
- Manage gift cards sales, promotions and tracking
- At least 4+ years management experience in the retail, hospitality or any high touch customer experience business (depending upon the volume of the business) with a proven track record of successfully managing a team in a store environment
- Training, interviewing, planning, organizational, and performance management skills.
- Technically savvy and proficiency with MS Office; Outlook, Excel, Word
- Strong analytical and communication skills - verbal and written
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to react to business trends and identify areas of opportunity
- Proven track record in attendance and performance
- Dedicated to high level of client service and revenue productivity
- Must be able to lift approx 20 lbs
- Flexible schedule and ability to commit to a minimum of 45 hours per week including nights and weekends