About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $1.7 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, we have raised $210M from top-tier investors and built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable and high-growth business, with a loyal 8 million strong customer base who share the experience of renting as being empowering and smart.
Our 1000+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. We’ve built - proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - and we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build and scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
The Position Overview
As the Customer Experience Specialist, you will be the face of our brand and all the services we provide at the RTR Service Bar. You will ensure each and every customer is warmly welcomed not only in our store but online, in real time using technology specifically designed to enhance the customer experience. You will share feedback to help our tech and retail teams consistently improve how we can scale and improve our service model. You will deliver 5 star service to each and every customer across multiple formats.
Do you think you have what it takes to dream big in our dream closet?
Enter our dream closet of…
- exceptional customer experience
- endless opportunity to learn and grow with your team
- taking risks where trying new things and learning from mistakes are valued
- new adventure to rewrite the rules
- a positive work environment of outstanding teamwork, mutual respect and exceptional morale.
- lead in understanding, implementing, and living in the core values!
Do you have a passion for....
- forming genuine connections with customers to create a memorable experience that makes them want to come back?
- joining a disruptive retail environment where we’re always rewriting the rules?
- working together to achieve something better than what we can do individually?
- taking risks, trying new things and where learning from mistakes are valued - we are continuously improving?
- a positive and collaborative work environment that includes mutual respect and trust?
- Ability to articulate the mission and functionality of RTR stores in a high-paced environment
- Greet customers in a warm and friendly manner in a timely fashion
- Establish client needs and provide direction accordingly
- Advise customers on utilization of merchandise
- Ability to educate customers about the brand
- Manage and maintain walk-in client list guidelines
- Manage and maintain third party appointment software
- Take initiative to assist clients during busy times
- Meet and interact with customers; demonstrate an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Assist with cleanliness of the store and help maintain visual standards
- Capture customer contact information. Sign up new members on RTR.com
- Capable of explaining the benefits of the store and able to leverage this information to close sales during the store’s busiest hours
- Communicate any relevant promotions to customers
- Maximize walk-in conversion by capitalizing on every opportunity to capture a sale
- Make customers feel comfortable and at ease during their wait
- Able to excel in an extremely fast pace environment; multi- tasking between customers
- 1-2 years retail experience- preferably in a high volume location
- Excellent verbal communication
- Strong computer skills
- High level of organization skills
- Ability to take independent action and make sound decisions
- Ability to multi-task
- High level of energy and positive attitude
- Fashion background preferred
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to commit a minimum of 20+ hours a week.