Refinery29 is the leading digital-media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 550 million across all platforms. Our mission is to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power by providing optimistic and diverse creativity, storytelling, and points of view. We deliver style and substance to an audience that's highly engaged across a variety of devices and destinations, from original video and editorial features, to live experiences and social storytelling. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.uk, and www.refinery29.de for more information and to browse content.
About the Team:
Our Marketing Solutions group is responsible for leading pre-sale by brainstorming marketing strategies, developing strong client relationships, and creating highly custom programs for key clients. This typically begins at the receipt of the RFP but can also include proactive outreach to new and preferred clients. Managers are responsible for providing clients with spec sheets, placement details, and assist needs. Managers are also responsible for routing paperwork internally and working closely with our Ad Operations, Finance and Legal departments to ensure all details of a sold program are communicated internally.
Marketing Solutions works closely with Sales, Brand Strategy, and our in-house product marketing teams to ensure each proposal is unique for our clients and more importantly, will support our mission to empower Millennial Women.
Each West Coast Marketing Solutions lead spearheads a category. Your role will be to lead the Entertainment Category in ideation, media planning, client meetings and innovation.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility and turns dreams into reality.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for building strategic marketing proposals and media plans for key entertainment clients
- Brainstorming with sales, marketing and editorial teams to help structure campaigns that make sense based on the brand and R29's objectives
- Working with cross-functional groups internally to lead the proposal creation process - ensuring we are holding ourselves to deliver smart proposals that will deliver on our clients’ KPIs
- Helping sales and marketing to pitch decks for client meetings and formal RFPs
- Assisting sales with managing client correspondence throughout the pre-sale process, especially as it pertains to specs, rates, assets required and our post-sale process.
- Help with transitioning sold-in campaigns to the Client Services team, ensuring all proposal details are clearly outlined
- Participate in trainings and roll out meetings to ensure you are aware of the latest product offerings available for our key beauty and fashion clients.
- Digest learnings from post-sale execution with key Entertainment clients and analyzing the campaign to gather strategic insights for future proposals.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as planner, account manager or similar digital role
- Experience in building digital media plans is required
- Passion for Marketing and the entertainment industry and improving how women are portrayed in media
- Knowledge of DFP, DFA, Mediavisor, Prisma is a must
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Fluent in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint