Learning Design & Development Specialist
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
The Learning and Performance Solutions (LAPS) team within Global Customer Operations (GCO) drives impact and results essential to the success of the business by providing flexible and innovative learning solutions to develop GCO employees. We work to connect GCO employees with learning opportunities that develop competencies within their current roles and skills that contribute to their journey of transformation.
This team functions as a global horizontal department that supports the needs of multiple service verticals within GCO at various regions so this individual must be adaptable and willing to evolve to meet changing demands in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate must have a passion for LinkedIn’s vision and culture of transformation. We dream big, we have fun, and we get things done. This individual must be a culture champion that strongly represents LinkedIn’s values as they will be the face of LinkedIn for our new talent - and talent is our top priority at LinkedIn!
The core of the Learning Design & Development Specialist (LDDS) role involves the curation, design, delivery and upkeep of highly engaging trainings to a variety of audiences on content ranging from technical tools to advanced soft skills, within multiple training formats/modalities (ILT, VILT, blended learning, self-paced).
- Stakeholder Management: Build and maintain trusted partnerships with business partners, customer-facing staff, and cross-functional groups, providing regular communications and updates. Partner with stakeholders to identify current and future business needs and contracts for joint commitment on learning plans.
- Collaboration: Communicate and collaborate with global peers as well as individuals from other teams, and identify areas to partner on cross-functional initiatives. Maintain a broad perspective to identify and evaluate opportunities that promote the value proposition of learning solutions and incorporate diverse perspectives into projects.
- Content: Design and deliver highly engaging and effective trainings on LinkedIn’s culture, history, organization, products, processes, technical tools and systems, and advanced soft skills. Identify content sources and recommend buy, build or customize decisions to meet learning objectives.
- Core Audiences: The core audiences for these trainings can be newly hired or tenured customer service representatives, individual contributors in a variety of professional roles, and leadership/management throughout GCO, all located across global regions.
- Delivery: Design and deliver trainings through Traditional Face to Face Instructor Led Training (ILT), Virtual Instructor Led Trainings (VILT), blended/flipped classroom methodologies, self-paced learning, E-learning assets, etc. Use best practices in facilitation to deliver, or prepare others to deliver, learning solutions.
- Learning Asset Design: Design highly engaging learning assets, such as E-Learnings, self-paced assignments, assessments, job aids, teaching aids, multimedia visual aids, reference materials, etc. to support learning at scale. Create channels to implement learning solutions that are easy to access and consume.
- Evaluation: Identify and clearly define success/outcome/ROI metrics for trainings and utilize for continuous improvement. These are to include quantitative metrics such as measured behavior changes and post training NPS scores as well as qualitative feedback garnered through post-training listening/feedback sessions.
- Product/Process/Tools Knowledge: Maintain strong working knowledge of LinkedIn’s products, features, tools and processes. Actively monitor and respond to business events/product changes that affect work.
- Travel may be required up to 10% to other LinkedIn sites
- 2+ years’ experience facilitating training across organizational levels
- 1+ years’ experience with content development (curriculum design, study aids, simulations, evaluations, e-learning, m-learning, scripting, multimedia, publishing), instructional design, course effectiveness evaluation, learning management systems, and educational portals.
- Fluent in written and conversational English
- Advanced knowledge of adult learning theories with proven ability and skills to style-flex as needed based on a variety of situations, individuals and audiences.
- To create effective training as well as the ability to think strategically and interact with senior leaders in a credible manner.
- Ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results.
- Portfolio of work and/or writing samples
- Familiarity with learning management systems such as Cornerstone, as well as design tools such as Articulate, Camtasia, SnagIt, Captivate, etc.
- Certification to deliver Insights Discovery, Strengths Finder, and similar training programs a plus.
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Passionate about learning and utilizing new technologies to deliver effective training
- Capable of analyzing and producing content through the eyes of a learner
- Enjoys working as part of a team in a collaborative environment and equally enjoys working independently