Practice Manager, UKI
There’s a revolution happening. Companies and agencies all over the world are realising that in order to achieve their goals, they need to think differently about data. They are turning to MarkLogic to power their mission-critical data infrastructure and they need your help to navigate this new world. Come and join us!
We are committed to processing your personal data in compliance with our Privacy Statement while providing you with transparent notice about our practices. Please review our Privacy Statement here https://www.marklogic.com/privacy
MarkLogic® is the world’s best database for integrating data from silos. MarkLogic is an operational and transactional Enterprise NoSQL database platform, and organisations around the world rely on it to integrate their most critical data and build innovative applications on a 360-degree view of that data. MarkLogic makes it easy to get data in and easy to get data out, and it is 100 percent trusted to run critical business operations. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, MarkLogic’s European operations are lead out of London, with additional offices throughout the U.S., Europe, Asia, and Australia.
We are the NoSQL technology that hundreds of organisations like the BBC, Dow Jones, OECD, and numerous government agencies trust to run their mission-critical applications. For example, MarkLogic powered the 2012 and 2016 Olympics coverage for the BBC, processes over 50% of the world's derivatives trades in the world of banking and supports the largest US health information exchange.
We hire intelligent, creative leaders eager to use our Enterprise NoSQL technology to uncover opportunities for our clients. Are we offering the daily grind? Only if you’re talking gourmet coffee! Be part of our smart and fun culture to take your ideas to the next level. Want to learn more from your future team? Watch this video: https://youtu.be/i8Ansr1bYxg
The role: The Practice Manager, UKI will be charged with helping to enable customer success throughout the lifecycle of a MarkLogic-based engagement, as well as building the UKI Services organisation.
- Built and led a successful Consulting Practice and Business for a leading Software vendor and led a portfolio of enterprise customers through a variety of implementation projects
- Helped to develop a partner ecosystem to serve customers and drive adoption of a new IT platform
- Comfort working in a fast paced, high-growth startup environment
- Experience with dynamically changing/growing organizations
- An ability to learn and acquire new skills quickly
- Experience delivering software implementation projects using agile methodologies
- Experience hiring the best qualified staff and providing proper training and career progression for all employees
- Successfully built and managed a team of consultants and portfolio of projects, including P&L and billability to company expectations
- Experience partnering and working closely with the sales team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A proactive and strategic vision
- Ability to plan and control projects effectively
- Ability to gain respect from peers, staff and clients
You might also have:
- Experience working within a database/search engine company or enterprise software company
- Understanding of database architecture and performance implications
- Media, Financial Services, Life Science, Healthcare, Consumer Product Goods, or Energy industry experience.
- Previous experience with MarkLogic
- Familiarity with commonly accepted industry architectures/technologies including J2EE, .NET, XML, XSLT, SOA/Web Services, SQL, HTML, HTTP
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in a technical consulting capacity or similar technical field
- The only Enterprise NoSQL database and world’s best platform for integrating data from silos
- Headquartered in the US with European operations lead out of London
- Flexible working: both hours and location. We want you to be happy in your work/life balance. Need to pick up the kids? Physio appointment? No problem.
- Diverse workforce: we have and welcome many nationalities, cultures, languages & orientation.
- Opportunity to grow: Ongoing training in technical and soft skills. Work with customers across many industries on cutting edge projects.
- Strong internal promotion: We revel in your success.
- A global team of motivated people with many interests. Maybe you like to raise llamas or complete extreme marathons? We have those people…