SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
LEAD MATERIALS TECHNICIAN
- Perform microsection analysis on PCBs, PCBAs, and other electrical components
- Analyze defects/features in electrical component microsections, perform precise measurements with microscopy tools
- Perform failure isolation and analysis on PCBs, PCBAs, and IC components
- Set up and monitor metallurgical, electrical, and thermal testing equipment
- Manage multiple test schedules/systems as well as requests from multiple SpaceX departments
- Manage testing consumables and equipment calibration and maintenance
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience working in a hands-on position
- 5+ years of experience in metallurgical or electrical component testing, including cross sectioning
- 1+ years of experience performing electronic testing and inspection using portable measuring devices (multimeters, oscilloscopes, etc.)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree
- Previous experience with cross-sectioning metals, polymers, and ceramics
- Previous experience with digital/optical microscopy
- Previous experience with high-density PCBs and PCBAs
- IPC-A-600 certified
- Experience with dye penetrant testing (dry and pry)
- Previous experience with metallurgical strength testing (shear, tensile, hardness, bending, etc.)
- Physical effort including standing, lifting, and carrying equipment up to 25 lbs unassisted
- Must be available to work extended hours and some weekends
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.