SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Support Technician - TEMPORARY POSITION
The Support Technician’s primary purpose is to provide support to ensure technicians are prepared and able to complete their tasks. This individual will work alongside technicians and engineers in maintaining and improving site functions. Their responsibilities include basic installation, labor, and inventory, among other assigned duties.
- Supports Dragon Production Team activities.
- General clean-up and maintenance of work areas.
- Moving heavy equipment.
- Driving forklifts.
- Miscellaneous tasks as directed.
- Must adhere to proper safety guidelines at all times.
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 3 Months
- LOCATION: Hawthorne
- SHIFT: 1st or Split Shift Night
- High school diploma or GED.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Expediting or production support experience in the aerospace industry.
- Must be physically capable of performing manual labor tasks. ( Able to lift 25 lbs. unassisted)
- Ability to work while standing on lifts and ladders.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces.
- Must be able to work overtime and available for weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.