SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.PAINT TECHNICIAN - TEMPORARY POSITION
- Sand blast ground support equipment to acceptable industry standards
- Operate spray coating equipment to industrial and commercial standards
- Operate air tools, pressure feed tanks, and airless pumps
- Quality brush and roll industrial and commercial coatings
- Corrosion control on carbon and stainless steel using pneumatic air tools, needle guns, and scalers
- Safe operation of aerial platforms, forklifts and heavy equipment
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 6 months
- LOCATION: Vandenberg Air Force Base, CA
- SHIFT: First
- 1+ year of industrial corrosion control experience
- High school diploma or GED
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of industrial painting experience
- Familiarity with NACE, MSDS, and EPA regulation codes or industry standards
- Understanding of heavy equipment safety standards
- Familiarity with paint processes and applications
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Self-motivated individual able to work independently or in a team environment and willing to learn
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Vandenberg
- Willing to work overtime, off-shifts, and weekends in support of critical operations
- Flight hardware is typically built in tight quarters and physical dexterity is required
- Ability to work at elevated heights
- Periodic work in extreme outdoor environments: heat, cold, wind, rain
- Uses physical force to lift, push, and pull 30lbs
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.